The World Of Jadeey: I'm such a nerd



I'm such a nerd

I've been discovering over the last couple of months that I'm not very well-read. I love reading, but since I left high school I haven't done as much of it as I used to. I used to read anything that was put in front of me, but now it takes an actual interest for me to pick up a book and read it. I've been trying to change that since I really do miss reading.

When I was in my 2nd year at university I thought about switching to a politics major. I'd always had an interest in politics anyway, and I had a crush on a guy who was doing it, John. (Heh, seems I have a bit of at thing for John's.) I decided against it, but I've always kind of regretted that. I think I would have found it pretty damn interesting. I've certainly become interested in reading books with a political bent these days.

Another thing I thought about studying, and wish I had, is history. I'd hated social studies at school and that was the main reason I decided against history at uni. (Well, and that I had no idea what I would do with a history degree... About as much as i've done with my psyc, film and management probably!) Again, I've become very interested in history books recently.

Haha the other day I read a book about American Presidents throughout history. See, that was a good book to choose because it fulfilled both the criteria of being a history book and political book. The problem I seem to have is that I should be reading about New Zealand history, but I find that pretty boring. I'm much more interested in British and American history. Maybe because we learnt about New Zealand's history back at school (admittidly we didn't learn a lot) so it has a sort of been there, done that feel. I'm not sure.

But, yeah, I'm a total nerd. Who else, but a nerd, would happily read non-fiction books in their spare time?!?
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment