The World Of Jadeey: RIP Derek Lovell



RIP Derek Lovell

This was one of those weekends that passed way too fast. I really feel like I could use another day off.

There was a fire in Hamilton last night that killed a firefighter. Another 7 are still in hospital, one of those is still in critical condition. It's awful. My dad said it's the first death of a firefighter caused by a fire in the 35 years he's been in the Fire Service. (wow he's been in the service a long time! Go dad!) That's a pretty good track record for them, but it means it's sent them all into a lot of shock.

I'm really glad my dad is now high enough up in the Fire Service that he doesn't attend fires (and hasn't for a number of years). I'd be feeling very stressed about him going to work right now if he still had to go into burning buildings.

My heart really goes out to all the families of firefighters who are still going to fight fires, to the families of those injured in the Hamilton fire, and to the family of Derek Lovell.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

1 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger Futuristics said...

NICE Blog :)

 

Post a Comment