The World Of Jadeey: So freaking scary!



So freaking scary!

Something awful happened today, I had the worst 20 minutes I can think of in my entire life. I lost my seven year old nephew. Well, my mum and I both lost my nephew.

We were at the mall and looking in the bookshop. Lincoln knows he's allowed to wander around the shop but is not to leave. Mum and I finished up and looked around for Linc. Neither of us could see him so we split up (not at all worried) to look around the whole shop. He wasn't there. We looked again. Definitely not there. Now we started to get worried.

We looked around just outside the shop and there was no sign of him. I told mum to wait outside the shop and I went and talked to security. They started a hunt through the mall to find him. We panicked. 15 minutes passed and there was still no sign of him. We panicked. Mum kept waiting outside the shop and I kept waiting with security. We panicked.

Suddenly, Lincoln wandered out of the bookshop. He was confused and a little worried since he'd been happily reading a book when he realised we were no longer in the shop. Mum saw him as soon as he got to the door and swooped on him. She started to cry with relief and that made poor Lincoln cry, even though he didn't know why he was crying. Mum let security know and they let me know. I came back and didn't let Linc go for at least a minute!

Lincoln was very apologetic. We told him he'd been doing the exact right thing by staying in the shop so he had no reason to be sorry. Gorgeous little guy that he is he said "I know but I'm still sorry you were scared!" My god it was awful. We decided that he must have still been wandering around the shop at the time we were first looking for him, because both mum and I went up and down every aisle.

It made me think though, we only lost him for 20 minutes and were pretty confident that he'd be okay and that he wouldn't leave the mall. We were still panicked but not as much as we could have been. But imagine if your kid just didn't come home from school one day. Imagine if your child was really lost and you were imagining them with a horrible person who's only intention is to hurt your baby, the person you want to protect more than anyone else in the world. Imagine if, as you imagined your child with that person, you knew that it was actually a strong possibility. I can't think of anything worse and my heart goes out to all the families in the world that have to suffer that.

I sit here tonight very relieved that my Linc is safe.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment