The World Of Jadeey: Day two



Day two

I’ve realised that I talk about my family a lot in my blog but my family are actually quite confusing so I’ve decided to dedicate today’s blog to explaining my family.

Okay, first my mum was engaged to a man named Jeff. They had a son, my half-brother (but always referred to as my brother) Matthew. Matthew lived with his dad once mum and his dad broke up. The only time I’ve actually lived in the same house as him was when I was 11 and he was 19. He lived with us for a year or so while he saved some money.

Jeff remarried a woman name Margaret and they had 3 children, Shane, Gene and Cassie. They are absolutely no relation to me and I refer to them (mainly because it confuses people and amuses me) as my brother’s brothers and sister.

Before he met my mum, my dad was married to a woman named Geraldine (gross name). They got married very young (19) and I think that was the main thing that was wrong with their marriage, although I’m not sure since I’ve never asked.

My mum and dad met and a few years later I was born. My parents have never married although they have a completely monogamous relationship. Until I was 12 my parents lived together. Then, when I was 12, my dad got a job in Napier but my mum didn’t want to move there and neither did I. So, my mum and I stayed in Wellington and my dad moved to Napier. He came home every weekend to visit and called every single morning and every single night. These actions proved (although I didn’t really need the proof as I’ve always idolised my father) what an amazing man my father is. My parents were having big problems around this time, the distance was hard on them, but he still made the 4-hour drive down to visit every Friday night and the 4-hour drive back home again on the Sunday night. Some of those visits he and my mum wouldn’t even be talking and the visit was solely to spend time with me.

A few years after that my dad got a job in Palmerston North. This was better since it made the travel distance far easier. A couple of years after that he moved back to Wellington. (All with the same company) After living in Wellington for a while he was offered a transfer to Napier again. He decided to take it but, again, my mum decided to stay in Wellington. (I’d moved out of home by this time) Once again dad made the trip between Napier and Wellington every week, or sometimes mum would make the trip up there. The not living together really seems to work for them.

Now, my dad is working in Palmerston North again and we own a house in Waitarere Beach. This is where I will be spending my weeks until I find a job. Dad still goes back to Wellington every weekend so I’ll just be travelling back and forth with him so I can see my friends.

My brother recently got engaged to my nephew's mum. They had broken up shortly before she found out she was pregnant but just recently got back together and are happier than ever. It's awesome.

So there it is, the complexity that is my family explained!
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment