The World Of Jadeey: Depressing thoughts and American politics



Depressing thoughts and American politics

For once I wanna be the car crash not just the traffic jam

I’ve never been someone’s car crash, the most I’ve ever been is the traffic jam. That’s kind of a depressing thought. For once I want to be the car crash, the one that some guy falls head over heals for rather than just the traffic jam, the one they are with while they wait for someone better to come along.

I’m not blind, I have a mirror. I understand that I’m not the type of girl who is generally someone’s ‘car crash’ but I still want it to happen. The couple of times I thought that maybe it was going to work out, that someone actually seemed to want me as incredibly badly as I wanted them it turned out I was wrong. They wanted me for a little while but then changed their mind.

I guess it only has to happen once. I’ve seen the sense in that ever since the episode of Friends where the Ross in Rachel’s mind is trying to convince her that they should give it a go. She is arguing (in her head) that she doesn’t want to ruin their friendship when it ends. He (or really she, since it’s all in her head) asks why it has to end. She asks if he’s ever been in a relationship that didn’t end and he point out that it only has to happen once. So, maybe for me, the once is still on it’s way. I hope so. I’m sick of thinking I’m there and then realising I’m not. I’m sick of being crushed.

Arghh that’s a depressing topic. Let’s move on.

American politics… They interest me a lot. I find it very hard to follow the American political system, but from what I hear plenty of American’s can’t understand it either so I don’t need to feel too bad. Luckily I have a friend who is extremely good at explaining stuff to me. Every time I see something on the news that I don’t quite understand about the American political system I ask him and he explains it in easy to understand terms.

I’m very interested in the current Presidential race. I think everyone in the world should be as interested in the American Presidential race as they are in their own elections, it has almost as much, if not more impact on us all. Unfortunately a lot of people don’t even care about local politics let alone international politics. Yet, these people still complain whenever the government does something they don’t like. If you want to make a difference then do your research and vote people!!

I can’t vote for my choice of candidate in America, obviously, but that doesn’t stop me reading everything I can about what is going on over there. I like to be informed even when I can’t do anything with that information. As a left-wing supporter through and through I am more interested in who the candidate from the Democratic Party is going to be than the Republican Party. To be honest, I don’t actually know much about any of the Republican candidates. I know that one of them is named Huckabee (and I only remember that because of the Jude Law movie I Heart Huckabees) but that is about the extent of my knowledge.
I realise admitting I don’t know anything about the Republican Party candidates but saying that I hate them is a bit hypocritical, but I could honestly never bring myself to vote or support right-wing anyway. I’m a leftie through and through that’s for sure. Once the final candidates are chosen I will do a lot of reading about whoever the Republican candidate is but for the moment I don’t think I need to know.

I’m treading on dangerous ground here but I don’t care. This is my blog and I am free to say whatever I want on here. I don’t understand how anyone can vote right-wing! Yes, I understand that right-wing parties usually give plenty of benefits to business and rich people. I get that and can see that is why those people vote for them but I still don’t quite understand it. How could anyone be that selfish? Tax cuts for the high income earners while the low-income earners, the ones who actually need the tax breaks suffer. That’s hardly fair! I am happy to pay a bit more in tax if it means those who would otherwise not be able to afford adequate schooling, healthcare etc then can afford those things. I am sure as shit happy to pay more tax if it means that those who would otherwise not be able to afford adequate housing or food to eat get it!

Yes, it annoys me that plenty of people on a benefit in New Zealand probably don’t have to be. It annoys me that there are people out there using my tax to keep themselves in drugs and alcohol. It pisses me off completely. But, there are also people out there who are legitimately on benefits, who really couldn’t survive without that help from the government, from my tax. If there was a way to figure out who was legit and who wasn’t then that’d be great, but there’s not. When I think about how much tax I pay I think about those who actually need the money and choose to ignore the fact that there are others out there taking advantage. If I couldn’t do that then perhaps I would be more inclined to vote right-wing, but thankfully I can.

Okay, I have to go finish of my 1500 words of story for today.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, Blogger Chart Smart said...

NICE Blog :)

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment