The World Of Jadeey: The worst movers in history



The worst movers in history

So, as most of you know a few weeks ago I moved from Auckland to Wellington. Other than movers who break everything you own, I think I had the worst movers in history.

Tuesday was always my day off up at good ol' Sylvia Park. I was driving down on the Thursday of that week so I arranged the movers to come on Tuesday, my day off. It would mean that I would have no bed for two nights in my flat but I figured I could live with that. Tuesday morning dawned bright and early and I dragged my poor, tired body out of bed at 8am to ensure everything was ready for the movers arrival. I'd had my going away party the night before but purposely ensured I wasn't TOO late home so that I could get up in time for the movers. I hadn't actually been given a specific time that they would arrive but I was told it could be as early at 8.30am.

I tidied up a bit and waited. I continued waiting. And waiting. My flatmate got up. Friends came over. We watched Justin's concert DVD. We waited. At about lunchtime I gave them a call to see if I could get some idea of when they would be there. I was told they would check and call me back. At 4pm I called again and was told they were finishing up at another place and would be at my place next. At 5pm I called back again, knowing that I had to go out at 7pm. I was told it would be at least 7.30pm before they could get there because the other place was taking longer than they thought. I said that was impossible for me and organised for them to come at 8am Wednesday instead. This would mean I would be about half an hour late for work but I figured it was doable.

8am on Wednesday came and went. I sat and waited. They didn't show up. At 9am I called and explained that they were supposed to be there at 8am but they hadn't shown up. I was told I would be called back. An hour later I hadn't been called back so I rang again. I was told they should be there within the hour. An hour later they hadn't shown up so I called AGAIN. I explained that I was now VERY late for work and really needed an exact time. They again promised that it would be no more than an hour. Again they lied. My friend showed up at lunchtime and did not receive a very nice welcome from me. I heard her at the door and thought it was the movers. She got to see my disappointed face when I saw it wasn't the movers. (I felt very bad because I was actually very happy to see her just not so happy that my movers weren't there.)

My friend agreed to stay and wait for the movers so I could actually get to work. Before I left I tried to call one more time to see what was going on and to let them know that someone else would be there instead of me. I was told that the moving truck was there. I assured the guy (who I had now spoken to all day long and who was very lovely and sympathetic to my cause) that there were no movers in sight. He said he'd call me back in 5 minutes when he found out what was going on. He didn't lie! He actually did call me back! Unfortunately it was to say that the truck couldn't fit down our driveway so they needed to get another truck. It was going to be a couple of hours before that truck could get there. I was practically in tears by this point but I toddled off to work while my wonderful friend sat, with nothing to do, and waited.

I arrived home from work that day at 5.15pm. The movers had only just arrived!!! When I met them I could see why it had taken them all day. It took them about an hour to move my stuff. My stuff consisted of 6 boxes, a couch, 2 recliners, a washing machine and a tv. There is no way that should have taken an hour! (I actually think it was longer). Not only that but just before I got home my flatmate (who had arrived home just before the movers showed up) had to ring me because the movers were saying they couldn't get my couch out the door. My flatmate had assured them that the couch had been delivered to that flat, if it could get in then of course it could get out. I explained (in bad detail) how the delivery guys had got it through the door and she relayed this to the movers. The idiots had only tried one way to get it out and then given up.

To make matters worse, my flatmate found out a couple of days later that her iPod was missing. She didn't suspect the movers at first but then remembered it had been sitting on her dresser, right by her door, the day the movers came. She hadn't used it since. Stupid damn movers!!!

Oh, my parents are here. I will stop now.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment