The World Of Jadeey: Yankee Swap is like Machiavelli meets Christmas



Yankee Swap is like Machiavelli meets Christmas

Hopefully tomorrow I'll move on from the Christmas quotes, but since today is Boxing Day I thought I could get away with it.

When I was a kid I had no idea why the 26th of December was called Boxing Day. I thought that it must have something to do with the sport of boxing. I always wondered why I never saw any boxing matches on tv on Boxing Day. It made no sense to me. Eventually I wised up and realised it has nothing to do with the sport either. Ah, children, we are so literal.

I'm home alone today. It's been a pretty good day so far but also a bit annoying. I decided to do a big clean of the flat, try and earn my keep a bit since I'm not paying any money. So, I started off with the bathroom. Now, normally I hate cleaning the bathroom but I also love having a clean bathroom so thought it was a good place to start. It's a glass shower and it looks like it hasn't been scrubbed in a long time. It's clean but very soap scummy on the glass. I scrubbed and scrubbed for a long time and was pretty proud of myself. I then waited for it to dry (cos you can't tell if you missed parts when it's wet) and saw, to my utter dismay, that it doesn't look any different. Clearly the shower looks clean because it has been cleaned often enough but that soap scum just ain't coming off. I have a few other tricks up my sleeve so I'm going to tackle it again once I finish writing this.

While I was waiting for the shower to dry I thought I'd do the toilet. Alas, there does not appear to be any toilet cleaning stuff in the flat. So I decided to vacuum. The vacuum cleaner is broken... This cleaning thing just isn't going my way today!!!

Okay I'm off to brave the Boxing Day madness and buy some cleaning gear. Wish me luck!!
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment