The World Of Jadeey: The real reason that I went to Stamford is that I wanted to be not here



The real reason that I went to Stamford is that I wanted to be not here

Well, I've almost finished packing. I've still got heaps of cleaning up to do but the majority of boxes are filled. I am allowed 5 boxes on the truck but, so far, I've only filled 4. I've got quite a few blankets that would take up heaps of room in my car though so I might as well pack them up into a box. Yeah, that's what I'll do.

It's been a pretty sad day actually. I've been feeling over-sensitive for most of it. Packing to move is SAD! In many ways this move is a lot sadder than my move from Wellington. It's also a lot more over-whelming for me. People said I was brave leaving almost everyone I knew and moving to a new city. I guess that was brave, it was certainly braver than pretty much anything else I'd ever done. But, this seems even braver to me. I'm going home to my family, sure. But I'm still leaving plenty of people I know. And, the big thing, I'm leaving a job I've been doing for over 6 years. I'm going to nothing. I have no job....

Hoyts was my first proper job. Prior to this I'd worked in a supermarket, as an admin assistant for an accountant, as a lifeguard at a swimming pool and as an usher at the stadium. None of these were really proper jobs though. They were all part-time, and were all pretty damn unskilled jobs. Hoyts started out as part-time, not very skilled, job but morphed into something more. It was a job, it could have been a career if I'd wanted it to be. But I don't, and that is why it's time to move on.

Driving back down to Wellington in 4 days is going to be pretty brave as well. I've never driven that far before. Heh I probably won't be so excited about it while I'm in the middle of it!

Okay, I better leave this here... Got some tidying up to do and I need to check that everything I plan to take down in the car will actually FIT in the car. Unfortunately posts will probably be pretty short for the next couple of days. I have tons to do so don't have a huge amount of time to blog. Rest assured I'll be thinking about you all though!
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

3 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Blogger Daniel McClelland said...

Have a safe trip my friend. It is brave mood, but it'll feel good, promise.

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Thanks Daniel!! :-)

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Daniel McClelland said...

Apparently I wasn't in a mood last night capable of good grammar... shudder. Sorry, I think I meant "it is a brave move". Haha.

 

Post a Comment