The World Of Jadeey: You can't fire me, I don't work in this van!



You can't fire me, I don't work in this van!

I learnt a new word yesterday. You see, I have become a little addicted to Urban Dictionary. It's a great site. Seriously, go and look up your name. People can write their own definition to whatever words they want so some of them are hilarious. The top definition for Holly is "forbidden sex". There is also one that is so me that it's scary - I'll copy and paste it here:

Holly:

To not understand your whereabouts and to backtrack to get back to your original location.

Two parallel streets. You go east on one street, north to the parrallel street and west. Rather than go south to get back to your original location, you go east, south, west. You pulled a holly.

So true! I get lost ALL the time. Ask anyone who's ever been in the car with me!

Anyway, back to my original story, I learnt a new word. That word is sexile. Sexile is defined by Urban Dictionary as:

To banish a roomate from the room/dorm/apartment for the purpose of engaging in intimate relations with one's significant other/sex partner.

This makes me laugh. I think most people that are flatting have been sexiled from their flat at one point or another. I love that there is a word for it now! :-)

As for news in my world, there isn't a lot. Work was crappy today. It started off well, up until lunchtime it was pretty great. During lunch I got a phonecall from my boss and things just snowballed from there. I got lists of things to do then, even worse, a VERY important delivery didn't turn up. I spent hours on the phone trying to chase it up. At this point we have to do without it tonight (which shouldn't be the end of the world) and it should be there in the morning. It better bloody show up! If it doesn't then I've gotta say it's lucky I've already resigned because I'd sure as hell be fired! (It's not actually my fault but that doesn't matter - I'll still get the blame.)
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment