The World Of Jadeey: I want the house, Jan



I want the house, Jan

I want the picket fence, I want the ketchup fights, and the tickling and the giggling.

The most frustrating thing in the world? There is this house that me and two of my friends want to rent. We've wanted to rent it for two years now. That whole time it has stood empty, not for sale or anything just empty. Yesterday we decided to go for a walk to look at it, we got a bit brave and peered in some windows. Yes, definitely no-one living there. However, it also looks like no-one has been there in a REALLY long time. There are phone books still sitting in their bag outside and a bill/advertising from a cleaning company sitting just inside the door.

The frustrating part about all of this is that we have no idea who to contact to find out if they would want to rent it to us. We did learn from a neighbour that the old lady who used to live there died just over 2 years ago and it has been in a family trust ever since. Unfortunately he doesn't know who the family are or how to contact them. They are clearly not checking for any mail delivered there so we're a bit stuck.

We reckon it'd be perfect for us but it looks like it's not going to happen. So frustrating!!

Second most frustrating thing in the world: losing the remote control. The DVD remote appears to be MIA. I've checked down the sides of the couch and chairs, checked the floor and a few of the surfaces, to no avail. It's almost definitely in one of the places I looked and I just didn't notice it but I can't be bothered looking anymore. I've watched what I wanted to now anyway. Thank goodness there are buttons on the front of the DVD player!

Third most frustrating thing: That I can't remember what the third thing was going to be. I was only thinking about it a minute or so ago and I've already forgotten! Damn memory like a sieve! (You know, it's so tempting to spell sieve, siv. It'd be fun if it was spelt that way. Far more phonetic.)

Fourth frustrating thing: My laptop is so damn slow these days. iTunes skips if I scroll down a Firefox window that is too image heavy. Sometimes it skips when I'm just opening a new window! Silly, slow computer!

Fifth (and final) most frustrating thing in the world: Dial-up internet when you are used to broadband. I'm moving in with my dad if 3 weeks and will be subjected to less than 56k internet speeds because his phone line isn't that good and usually only connects at about 30k. I'm not looking forward to that!
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2 Comments:

At 1:52 AM, Blogger Kat said...

Try the council. They keep lists of ratepayers. No idea if you'd get any results but it's worth a go

Also there was one place you didn't check for the DVD remote - my desk. Sorry bout that!!

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Daniel McClelland said...

As for lappy... here's a tip that may help (no promises)... (assuming you're using Windows)

Click Start. Then Run. In Run, type MSConfig. From there, check what programmes are running on Startup. You'll probably be interested to see what you find. Crap like Yahoo Toolbars, or MSN installation checks, or Adobe Acrobat Reader registration details etc etc. Most of the stuff in that ilk, click the tick, and that removes it from your startup pile.

Restart your PC, and... voila! At least 1.5 x faster than before.

 

Post a Comment