The World Of Jadeey: Why did I transfer? That's obvious isn't it?



Why did I transfer? That's obvious isn't it?

So, I'm in Wellington.

I'm on my own at the moment because pretty much everyone I know is at work. I'm just hanging out at my friends place while I wait for my dad to come pick me up. I'm having dinner with the parents, then probably spending the day with them tomorrow before the game tomorrow night.

I feel a bit weird even though the house I am currently sitting in used to be mine. In fact, the computer I am using IS mine, I just left it here for my friend to use rather than taking it to Auckland with me since I also have a laptop. Still, I feel weird about being alone here and weird about using this computer. I never like to use other people's computers because, even though I would never touch any of their personal documents, it feels like an invasion of privacy. So, even though this computer is mine, I feel like I'm doing something I shouldn't be. How weird is that!

It was strange leaving Auckland on the plane last night. For the first time I realised that I actually consider Auckland home now and I was sad to leave. This scares me a wee bit since I'm going to be leaving for good in a little under 3 weeks. I know I've made the right decision about leaving work, I don't want to be there anymore, but I'm still sad. I'm sad that so many years with a company I have really enjoyed working for is ending. I'm sad about leaving all of my friends in Auckland. I know I could have stayed there and found a new job but it somehow seems easier in Wellington. There aren't as many job prospects, sure, but I have people I can live with for free (aka dad) while I figure some stuff out. If I'd stayed in Auckland I'd have had to job-hunt while still in my current job and would probably have just ended up in another job that I don't enjoy as much as I want to enjoy my job. Hopefully, this way, I'll end up in a job I REALLY enjoy. That's why I think I made the right decision, but it sure is sad.

Okay I'm going to go watch a dvd before dad gets here.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

1 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger Daniel McClelland said...

Come into town next week for lunch with me, send me a text, it'd be great to see ya

 

Post a Comment