The World Of Jadeey: This is the smallest amount of power I've ever seen go to someone's head



This is the smallest amount of power I've ever seen go to someone's head

Powertrips are funny things. When people get on them it's, obviously, because they think they are super-fantastic. In fact, they think they are more super-fantastic than everyone else around them. The funny thing is that usually everyone around the person power-tripping can see what's going on and actually tend to lose respect for that person.

I can think of a handful of people at work who are power-tripping at the moment. It's driving me insane! I want to tell them to get over it, but the thing about power-tripping is that people don't usually see it in themselves and don't believe others when they point it out. In fact, it's more likely the person will think you are jealous rather than taking the advice on board.

The people at work at the moment are amusing me at the same time as driving me insane. For all of them the increase in power is tiny yet their egos have become huge. It's funny to see even as it's painful. It makes me hope I've never power-tripped. I can't think of any times that I have but I've not really ever been in the situation where it would so I might be yet to find out that horrible fact about myself. Although I am high up in the company I work for and have had a number of promotions, most of them have been promotions to a new set of staff. Not exactly the right circumstances for a power-trip since it, if no-one knows me, it's not really like an increase in power.

Guess what!?! This time next week I'll be in Taupo. Woo! (And also boo... very sad to be leaving.)
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment