The World Of Jadeey: It's like with firemen. You don't leave your brothers behind



It's like with firemen. You don't leave your brothers behind

The most awkward thing in the world? Meeting and falling for your boyfriend/fiancé/husband’s brother. From what I gather this is actually quite a common occurrence. Wouldn’t it be awful! One, it would be horrible for the boyfriend/fiancé/husband if they are left for their brother. It would be like being left for your friend, you’d feel betrayed by both people. Two, it’d be horrible for the brother. If he liked her too he’d have to face the fact that he could never have her because you just don’t do that to your brother. OR he’d do that to his brother, feel bad for the rest of his life and probably be shunned by the rest of his family as well. Finally, it’d be horrible for the girl. No normal person likes to hurt people, therefore, no normal person wants to fall for someone else while they are in a relationship. Falling for a friend or relation of your partner is even worse than falling for a stranger, guaranteed to cause more hurt. Even if you break up with your partner for other reasons, the chances of getting together with the brother are severely diminished, assuming of course that the brother is a decent human being and a good brother.

It makes me smile when brothers are really similar. I tell you what, I could happily go for the boy’s little brother. He’s like a slightly younger version of the boy. He’s a total cutie. Of course, I wouldn’t because, well he’s like a slightly younger version but with subtle differences that stop him actually being the boy. And it is, of course, the boy that I want to be with.

People have asked me why I write the boy instead of the person’s name. No actual reason in particular. I name people’s names on here all the time but when I’m talking about slightly more private stuff I try not to. I don’t know why, anyone who knows me knows who I am talking about. It’s more of an illusion of privacy that I like to maintain. It’s probably a bit confusing though since so far throughout the life of this blog there have been three the boy’s that I have just referred to as the boy. I guess you actually have to know me at least a little bit to be able to figure out where one the boy left the picture and another one entered.

Okay I’m stuck in my room right now because it’s very early in the morning and we have someone sleeping in the lounge. I know it’s my house so I should be able to leave my room and go into the lounge if I want to but my guilt over waking someone up is stopping me right now. I could go in there and she'd never complain. It's purely my own guilt stopping me. Probably not for much longer though since I have spent the last 2 hours awake in here and have pretty much completed every activity my bedroom has to offer. (Don’t be gross – reading, writing until my laptop battery is almost dead, lying down and staring at the ceiling willing the time to pass. I could clean up I guess but I’m not that bored yet!)

Anyway, because I’m stuck here I’m going to make another list of things that annoy me. I’m not as angry as I was the other day but I am stomach-churningly nervous about something and I will become very angry if it eventuates.

1. Being stuck in my room due to my own guilt about waking someone up (It is MY guilt stopping me though - not the person in the lounge's fault at all. She wouldn't complain in the slightest if I went in there. So it's only me I'm annoyed at here. Just thought I should point that out.)
2. Spending money when I shouldn’t have to
3. Making plans and then having them ruined by someone else
4. Having to work on a Saturday
5. Having to work on any sunny day
6. Actually, just having to work!
7. Knowing that sometime in the next week and a half I have to pack all my stuff
8. The fact that I've worked in one of the best cinemas in the world for the past year and I’ve seen hardly any movies
9. The fact that I haven’t even seen many test-screenings. Some of this is my fault, a lack of wanting to be tired the next day. Some of it is not my fault as I don’t get invited to many. Back in Wellington my best friend used to go to every single one and always invited me, even though she knew that most of the time I wouldn’t go. She knew I liked to be invited anyway. Kat is the same, she invites me to the test screenings she does and most of the time I don’t go but the invitation cheers me up. But she doesn’t do most of them so I don’t hear about most of them. It then REALLY annoys me when other people are talking about it and I’m like, wow why wasn’t I invited? (Kat forgot to invite me last night but she had a good excuse so I don't mind.)
10. I desperately need new shoes but am pretty much out of money between now and when I get a new job
11. It’s a great washing day today but I start work in a few hours
And, the thing that has me stomach-churningly nervous right now and is also the thing that annoys me most.
12. When stock I order well in advance doesn’t show up and we go into a busy weekend with nowhere near enough stock. (I’ll know in about an hour whether or not I’m thoroughly screwed.)

Edit: I wasn't. The stock showed up. Phew.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment