The World Of Jadeey: The writers strike



The writers strike

I'm so tired of the damn writers strike! I just want the tv shows I love back. I'm addicted to tv, that's a fact. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any end in sight for the strike. The studios are greedy, selfish bastards who refuse to give the writer what they not only want but deserve.

I've heard so many people say that the writers are the ones being selfish and greedy but that's bullshit. A tiny percentage of writers get rich from what they do. The vast majority don't. You're considered lucky as a writer if you're successful enough to just scrape by on what you make. There are plenty of unlucky writers out there who have to have another job in order to survive.

This strike is about the majority or writers, the ones who aren't rich. They need the residuals that the studios are currently refusing to give in and allow. It's these residuals that most writers live on while they are busy writing and trying to sell their next script. I desperately want the strike to be over because I want my shows back but I don't want the writers to give in. Not at all. I hope they manage to stay strong until the studios cave and give the writers what they are asking for (which is a thoroughly reasonable figure), even if that means we don't get any new episodes on our screens for another 6-8 months. It'll suck but it'll be worth it in the long run.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment