The World Of Jadeey: RIP Heath Ledger



RIP Heath Ledger

Heath Ledger died today. Of course, everyone who reads this will already know that, it's big news, but it makes me sad so I want to talk about it.

I feel kind of guilty writing about this though since I didn't write about Sir Edmund Hillary's death. I kept meaning to write about it but never got around to it. That was sad too, he was a really great man. Someone on the radio said he was the greatest New Zealander we've ever had and that could actually be the truth, I certainly can't think of anyone else off the top of my head.

Anyway, Heath Ledger's family apparently found out about his death by hearing it on the radio. How horrible is that! I mean, I'm sure they were semi-used to hearing about him on the radio and on tv (as used to that as you could ever get anyway, it'd always be a little bit strange) but hearing about his death that way is just awful.

10 Things I Hate About You, A Knights Tale and Brokeback Mountain are actually 3 of my favourite films. (Favourite in a very long list but they are still up there - 10 Things is the film I turn to every time I want to watch something but can't decide on anything. It's completely my fallback option since I never get sick of it.) I always rated him very highly as an actor and liked him a lot. It certainly didn't hurt that he came from Australia which made him seem a little more accessible than American actors.

I have to admit to a shockingly selfish thought I had soon after finding out - the worry that Dark Knight hadn't finished filming yet. It has. I'm glad not only because I want to see it because it's nice that we'll have such a fantastic film to showcase his talent in a couple of months. When I saw the trailer the first thing I thought (after BATMAN!!!!) was that, if I didn't already know Heath Ledger played The Joker, I would never have believed it. He looks fantastic and I think he's going to be amazing in it.

Anyway, there's only so much rambling about a celebrity I can do so I'll leave this here.

RIP
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment