The World Of Jadeey: Nephews and grammar



Nephews and grammar

I looked after my nephew for the day today because my mum was still in Wellington getting some stuff done that she hadn't been able to do due to looking after said nephew for the past 6 weeks. We had fun, we went to the beach this morning and swam for a couple of hours. We came back to the house and played a little bit of playstation then went to the shop for an icecream. Amazingly, that was about all we had time for in the day after you add time for breakfast and time for lunch. I wouldn't want to do it everyday (so clearly I'm not ready for motherhood) but it was fun for today.

I've been sitting here for the past half hour trying desperately to figure out exactly when to use 'effect' and when to use 'affect'. I half know, I think I get it right the majority of the time but it still confuses me. Actually, I don't think anyone gets it right EVERY time. It's one of those ridiculously confusing ones that you can argue over for ages. (heh or that's what I'm telling myself right now anyway.)

Okay, I have to go read my dad's latest assignment for his post-grad diploma and give him feedback.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment