The World Of Jadeey: Arcade machines and writers strikes



Arcade machines and writers strikes

My flatmate's arcade machine is getting cooler and cooler. He's added to the array of arcade games by adding a Sega Master System emulator which means we now have games like Alex Kidd in Miracle World, Paperboy and Sonic the Hedgehog. He's going to add a Nintendo Entertainment System emulator next (Kat, I'll make sure it's done by your visit!) so we can have Super Mario Brothers et al. He's also going to be adding jukebox capabilities. All in all, arcade machine = awesome!

I've heard major rumblings that the writers strike is getting close to over. Lionsgate signed an independent agreement with the WGA yesterday and their writers are back at work. Other, bigger, studios probably won't follow suit with individual agreements but hopefully it is a sign of a good collective agreement being on it's way. Fingers crossed.

I wanted to write about how much I enjoyed a couple of movies I watched the other day, Sweeney Todd and Charlie Wilson's War, but I'm a bit tired to properly review them right now. I will say this though, they are both fucking awesome! Go see them! Now!
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger Kat said...

oh evil!!! I'll never go do stuff when I'm down there! I'll just play Mario!

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Daniel McClelland said...

I loved Charlie Wilson's War eh. Aaron Sorkin's a genius, and - for the most brief of moments - it was like The West Wing was back again.

 

Post a Comment