The World Of Jadeey: Don't. Don't do that. I want to be more than that



Don't. Don't do that. I want to be more than that

I went to Crowded House last night. It was AWESOME! I was scared throughout the whole concert that they were going to forget my favourite song but, thankfully, it was their final song.

Better Be Home Soon.... Such a great song. Ah how that song brings back memories.

Being a 14 year-old falling in love for the very first time; a look across the room; a smile; shy conversation beneath a full moon; a hand brushing across another; a fluttering heart; a short message scrawled on a piece of paper just saying 'I like you'; timid kisses; nervous touches; him singing Better Be Home Soon by Crowded House; rainy afternoons watching a video; endless conversation about the future, life and love; an apologetic look; the words 'I think we should just be friends'; a good-bye hug; heart-break; falling asleep crying; not being friends; time easing the hurt; seeing him around with someone new; renewed heart-break; more time passing; easier again; hearing, years later, that he's engaged; nostalgia but no heart-ache; memories of a first love.


Yeah, I love that song.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment