The World Of Jadeey: The one in which I STILL haven't finished typing up my old blogs



The one in which I STILL haven't finished typing up my old blogs

Yeah, I know I should be doing that now to get it over with but I can't be bothered. The internet is running so painfully slowly right now I think I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than try and surf. I had to wait 1 minute and 45 seconds for this window to load just so I could type this blog!

Hmm what brilliant things can I tell you today? Not a lot really. I went to work, did some stuff, came home, ate dinner and that's about it. Now I think I will go to bed and read the book I didn't manage to finish on the plane ride home. I've had a couple of good story ideas I plan to start detailing before Christmas so I can get stuck into writing them after Christmas. This time next year I might be a published author folks! And you can all have the privilege of saying you read my work back before it was cool to do so. Cos y'all know one day reading my work is going to be the thing all the cool kids are doin'. :P (A girl can dream can't she?)

Something odd I've noticed about myself (I've actually known this for a long time but don't think I've written about it before) is that I unconsciously imitate anyone I'm around. I went to school in Petone then Lower Hutt. For those of you who don't know the area this means I went to school with a lot of Maori and Pacific Island kids and yes, I imitated them. So, there I was, a little white kid getting ridiculously high marks in English yet speaking like a mini-gangster. Seriously, I used to say "da" instead of "the", "aight" instead of "alright" ALL THE TIME.

When I was eleven or twelve I was great friends with a girl who swore A LOT. Suddenly I also swore A LOT. My sentences were peppered with fucks and shits. Again, when I was young, I was friends with someone who talked about sex a lot and continuously made dirty jokes. I immediately developed a sewer-mouth myself. It's pretty funny really. My flatmate pointed out to me last week that after watching (far too much) The Office we have begun talking kind of like the Office characters. I don't mean we are developing American accents but we are talking about things the characters on the show would talk about and having discussions in similar ways to how they do. It's crazy.

One TERRIBLE day (oh god, just as I was beginning to type this story I had a sudden flash to typing it before which makes me think I have told it before. I'm going to tell it again though because I've already started typing and I don't want to delete all the previous paragraphs) I was visiting a friend who had just got out of hospital. She was suffering anorexia and, for reasons I don't understand, the medication she was on made her develop a german accent. (How on Earth does that work? Does anyone have any idea how medication can make someone develop an accent?) Anyway, without meaning to I kept imitating her damn accent. It was awful! She was suffering this huge thing and I kept inadvertently making fun of her. I felt so bad but just couldn't stop myself. I still shudder when I think about it.

Okay, i've traumatised myself a little bit reliving that story, and also with the thought that I am now repeating stories, so I am going to stop myself there.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment