The World Of Jadeey: The one with all the waiting



The one with all the waiting

(Okay I'm back and typing these up from the book I wrote them in. I'm going to copy them all exactly as I wrote them)

I decided not to blog before I left this morning because I would have been blogging about nothing. Hopefully by blogging now I'll actually have something interesting to say.

I chose not to bring my iPod. I'm missing it already. I've had the taxi company jingle for Discount Taxis stuck in my head for about 2 hours now with no way to relieve the pain.

I'm at the airport right now waiting for my flight. I've still got an hour until we board. I've done the customs thing already; I've browsed the duty free stores; I've stared into space; I've mindlessly fiddled with my cellphone. It's disappointing how little time these things passed. I actually got my flight time wrong and arrived an hour earlier than I needed to which basically sucked.

My taxi driver on the way here was very talkative. I am not good at small talk so I hate things like taxi rides. You see, when I feel under pressure to talk to someone I don't know I start to make stuff up. I have no idea why I do thins but this is not the first time it's happened. I somehow started telling my taxi driver about my architect in training fiancé who is finishing his studies at the end of the year. Apparently we are planning to start a family next year. Oh, and I've lived in Auckland for 2 years. What on earth? Why couldn't I have just stuck with the truth? Or, if I was going to make up a fantasy life why didn't I make it more interesting? I could have made up ANYTHING and that lame story is what I chose? Sheesh, I'm never going to make it as a writer if I don't develop a better imagination!!

I'm currently eyeing up some internet booths. I don't know what I'd do on the 'net other than check my email though so I'm going to try and resist the temptation.

I wonder what the film on the plane will be. I hope it's a good one! My fingers are crossed for Licence to Wed cos that would satisfy my current John Krasinski crush (which I am gently nurturing at the moment to ensure I get the full enjoyment of the celebrity crush). I'm doubtful I'll get that lucky though. Too much of a coincidence. Also, I've heard that it's awful so I probably shouldn't hope for it.

Heh, by the time I'm copying this onto the computer I'll know the answer. In fact, it will be a week later and I will have watched a film coming back as well.

Okay, I'm going to stop now. My hand is sore. I'm clearly way out of practice at writing since my university days. Hmm I hope I can read this back later! It's pretty messy.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment