The World Of Jadeey: The one with 2 parts, part 2



The one with 2 parts, part 2

So, I don't really have a lot more to say but I will ramble for a bit anyway since I promised a second post.

Tonight at work we had the premiere for the movie The Devil Dared Me To. This film was made as part of the Headstrong project. Basically, heaps of wannabe writers wrote screenplays and submitted them to Headstrong. Headstrong selected around about ten of the screenplays and had the writers workshop them with well-known New Zealand writers. Eventually one of the scripts was chosen and made into a film.

I'm always interested, when meeting or seeing celebrities, to see how they act to the public. Obviously I have no idea what it is like to be famous but, despite that, I want famous people to be really nice. I want them to appreciate that without the adoring public they wouldn't be famous. I don't want them to think they are better than everyone else just because they are famous. So, when I see celebrities acting like they are too good for everyone else it pisses me off. Particularly when they are New Zealand celebrities. Ie only famous in a country of 4 million people, not that big of a deal really.

Tonight we had an interesting mix of New Zealand celebrities. Some of them were friendly and seemed just like normal people, not like they thought they were better than everyone else. Others obviously thought they were a million times better than everyone else. Still others were somewhere between the two. It's funny really because all of the Hollywood celebrities I have met (a whole 4 of them) were totally down to earth and friendly. Yet, so many of the New Zealand celebrities I have met are dicks. It's crazy really.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment