The World Of Jadeey: The one with all the crazy talk



The one with all the crazy talk

Yes, I have begun naming my posts using the Friends naming system. I am tired of song lyrics at the moment.

I spent far too much of the day today watching The Office. I only have season 3 since Ingrid is borrowing the first two seasons. I have decided that Jim from The Office is to be my new celebrity crush. My basis for this crush is that he is cute and I like the character he plays. I am sure that is enough. It is pretty much the basis for all of my celebrity crushes. Well, celebrity actor crushes. (Colin, Hugh and now Jim, who's real name is John and will in future be referred to thus)

I remember back before I actually watched The Office someone mentioned that a similar idea based on my workplace in Wellington would be a cool idea. I actually even started writing it. All of the characters were based on real people at my work or that I had heard about at other cinemas. (But with extraordinarily clever and subtle changes that would make the characters unrecognisable to the people they were based on!) I've got to say that even though I began writing it just off the premise of The Office that had been explained to me, I can very much see the similarities. While not everyone I worked with was insane when you write about the slightly more eccentric characters and focus on bringing out their eccentricities it does seem to build a workplace that feels very similar to the workplaces portrayed in The Office.

You know, I really think I might finish that screenplay at some stage soon. Here in Auckland I've certainly met some more people worthy of being included! I can see it sort of being a cross between Clerks and The Office.

Okay that's it from me today. I have a sore throat and am feeling a little sorry for myself. :(
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment