The World Of Jadeey: Days off and missing DVDs



Days off and missing DVDs

Sundays and Tuesdays are my favourite days of the week. Usually they are my days off. I am not one of the lucky people who manages to get two days off in a row, my days off are separated by Monday, roster day. However, I feel lucky that I do actually get two days off at all most weeks so I try not to complain too much.

The annoying thing about not having my two days off in a row is that I never quite recover from work. I used to spend my first day off sleeping and sitting around home, just chilling out, relaxing and recovering from my week at work. My second day off would then be spent cleaning the house, going out, doing something fun. Because my days are not off in a row anymore I tend to find that they are all spent in the at home phase. This is okay, if I had a desire to go out and do stuff I would. It does worry me I tiny bit that I have lost this desire. I'm just so tired all the time. I figure that when I move back to Wellington and get into and ordinary routine again my life, and desire to get out there and do stuff, will return.

I had a very productive day today actually. I did the dishes (that doesn't sound like much but it took me 3 loads!), walked up to the mail centre and collected my epilator, learnt how to use my epilator, did 2 loads of washing, did some reading, watched a bit of tv, worked on my business plan a bit and started working on the treatment (for those of you not in the writing world, a treatment is an extended outline of a script or novel) of a story I think would make a really good book. I'm pretty satisfied with my day considering it's only 4.30pm!

The problem I have most as a writer is that I always want to get straight to the end. I want to be able to skip the planning stages and even the writing of the first half of the book. This is part of the reason writing short-stories works so well for me. I am a lot better than I was. I used to think that I actually could skip the entire planning stages. I thought I had a good enough idea in my head that I could just write it out and have it work. This always resulted in unfinished writing of 20 or so pages. It took me a while to put two and two together and admit that it was my lack of planning holding me back. I do the planning now even though it often annoys me and my writing is certainly a lot better for it. (Pity I don't do it with these blogs huh!)

I realised today that, despite my efforts to deny the fact, when I moved up here I definitely lost quite a few DVDs. I still hold out the naive hope that when I return to Wellington I will find them in one of the boxes I left behind but I doubt it since my mum has gone through all of those boxes at one stage or another looking for stuff I've asked for. I don't think I lost very many, so not a whole box but my collection is definitely a few short. I have never written all of my titles down and I own way to many to remember them all but every so often I want to watch something, or think about a DVD that I suddenly realise isn't here. Four Weddings and a Funeral, Y Tu Mama Tambien and Bad Guy are all missing. Sad.

Hmmm that appears to be all I have to say today. I am off to watch an episode or two of Full House then it'll probably be time for dinner.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment