The World Of Jadeey: The Challenge



The Challenge

I feel like taking a moment to discuss the challenge for those of you who are a bit slow on the uptake...

Kat started blogging everyday a while back just to see if she could. I then decided this was an interesting idea and joined in. Somewhere along the way it got turned into a challenge with a punishment clause if you didn't manage to blog. (Currently the punishment is to eat a blenderised Happy Meal, drink and all) Also somewhere along the way David joined in as well. (Although being a bit of a wimp he refuses to incorporate the punishment clause.

Kat, myself and David all have different variations on the challenge so it really is a personal thing for all of us. David doesn't have to blog by midnight each day, he is happy if he blogs once every 24 hours. Kat is concerned with the actual posting of the blog, she sometimes writes in advance and has a few saved up for posting on days where she lacks time/energy/motivation to write. For me the challenge is the writing, I have to write something new everyday. I think our variations of the challenge actually do show something of our personalities - I'm the writer and Kat's the computer/internet junkie. (I'm not sure what David's says about him - that he's a wimp for avoiding the punishment clause perhaps??)

The reason I've choose not to write extra blogs and store them up just to post them on days when I lack time is because, to me, that's boring. It doesn't provide the slightest challenge to me. I could easily write all day on a day off and prepare heaps of blogs. I'm a writer, it'd worry me if I couldn't do that. After that it isn't hard to find a few minutes at some point during the day to go to this website and press post. No, for me it is the challenge to write something original everyday. Even the days where I lack time I try and make my minimal posts different.

When I go away to Australia in a few weeks I plan to still write everyday. I won't be able to post because I don't plan to waste my money in internet cafes but I will write. I have a book which I am going to take with me. I'll write everyday and then type them all out and post them when I get back. To me that is in keeping with the spirit of the challenge. (I love that our differences of opinion also mean that both me and Kat can easily escape the punishment clause. If I ever run out of time to get to a computer I can still jot something down on paper and have it count. Heh - making up your own rules is great!)

Kat's challenged herself to continue with this until her 30th birthday. I make no such promises to do the same. Blogging everyday has already become habit so you never know, I might continue but I also might not. I tend to find when I am writing I cannot focus on two stories at once which means when I settle down to write my next book (I say next because I've written stuff before, just not published stuff) blogging could distract me in which case I'll give it up and just go back to blogging when I feel like it. We'll just have to see.

I'm pretty annoyed right now actually. I came up with what I thought was a brilliant idea for a story the other day and now I've completely forgotten what it was. So irritating! I really need to start writing stuff down when I think of it! Oh! Wait! I think I might remember.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok - I'm off to detail this idea before I forget it again.

Bye!
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment