The World Of Jadeey: Two posts in one day!



Two posts in one day!

I felt like posting again. I'm not sure why. I don't actually have a lot to say. Hmmmm.

Kat has been sleeping a long time. She went to bed at some crazy hour last night. I think it was around 5.30pm! It's now 11am the next day and she is still sleeping. I'm guessing she got up sometime during the night for a few hours because otherwise I should probably be getting worried.

I've been pretty productive since I last posted. I've showered, called my dad to say happy birthday, called tip top to place this week's icecream order and cleaned my room a bit! I still need to vacuum my room but I thought that could wait until Kat isn't sleeping because vacuuming while someone is sleeping is a pretty mean thing to do. I should also do the dishes.... Hmmm yeah I really should.

One thing I really like about living in such a small flat is that it is really easy to clean. Back in Wellington my bedroom alone was the size of my lounge and kitchen here put together. I'm not exaggerating! Me and Ingrid have decided that whenever I move back if we can't find a place to live straight away we'll just share that room for a while because both our double beds plus my desk, bookshelves, drawers, her drawers and wardrobe will all fit in there with room to spare. It is actually the biggest bedroom I have ever seen in my life. BUT because it was so huge it would get really, really messy then would be such a mission to clean that I could never be bothered. Here it only takes about half an hour to clean the entire flat! See! Sometimes small is good!

I have to go to work later today and start stocktake. I'm not excited by that prospect AT ALL. I have got to say that I would be happy if never again had a job that required me to do stocktake or rosters. Although I shouldn't complain too much because the other two assistant managers at my work seem to have a worse deal. Events you get called a million times a day by stupid women who want to organise their child's birthday party RIGHT NOW even though it is your day off. Candy bar you have to spend every moment you are at work in the candy bar. Candy bar is my least favourite area of the whole cinema so if I had to work there every single shift I'd actually probably just shoot myself. So yeah, I should actually quit complaining because I think I have it pretty sweet compared to the other two.

It causes me vague amusement that what was supposed to be a summer job between university semesters has turned into this. When I first applied back in Wellington I thought I was just going to work full time for the summer and then maybe work a few shifts during the week. Next thing I know I'm changing to part-time uni and full-time work. Then I decide it's time to move on and (before I can tell anyone) I get offered a payrise so I stay. A few years pass and I again decide to quit. But no, once again before I have even told anyone my plans I get offered a promotion. I stay and towards the end of the year plans begin forming in my mind about what to do next, i'll be graduating and I'm sure as shit not staying at Hoyts after I graduate. My (still secret!) plans are thwarted once again when I am offered another promotion. Finally, just as I am getting bored in my job and feeling like I need a change I'm offered another new opportunity with the company. How is it possible that this has happened to me so many times? Clearly fate was intervening there quite a lot. It's actually a bit scary.

Have I rambled enough yet? This feels like the posts of old where I just start posting because I feel like writing. I miss this. With the whole 'post a day' thing I don't really let freely ramble. I'm not sure why, perhaps because I am always working to a deadline and post when I don't actually feel like it. It's good though since as a writer I will often be having to write when I don't feel like it and I'll have to make sure I'm still producing decent work. So this is good practice! (Not that I'm saying this blog is decent work. It's pretty appalling work actually.)

Okay I need to go and start filling in some paperwork for my Journalism course. Apparently because I have never published any articles I have to provide essays and other non-fiction writing that proves I can write. Pity I can't hand in my blog! Actually, scratch that, I'd never get accepted into anything based on this blog. Heh.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment