The World Of Jadeey: In a rich man's world



In a rich man's world

I hate money. Most people who know me know how much I love saving but the truth is I absolutely hate money. I hate that, for most people, it is so damn important. Living in a commune might actually be a good idea!

I mean come on, we spend our entire childhoods learning what we need to get a good job and then the prime of our lives is spent putting that education to good use and earn money. Unless we are extremely successful our old age is spent worrying about money and whether we will have enough to last us until we die.

I am extremely poor at the moment. I will actually be shocked if I make it until payday without having to dip into my savings which makes me EXTREMELY angry. My credit card is at it's limit and my eftpos card is scarily close to it's overdraft limit. This also means next payday will be spent paying off debts and there is no way I'll be able to save any money. Actually, it'll probably take 2 paydays (which is 2 months since I am paid monthly) to get back to a point where I can save again. Why, you ask... Well partly because so many people owe me money and partly because I had a few major, unexpected, expensive this month. It really sucks.

I know I'm lucky. I get paid a fairly decent amount (not industry standard by any stretch of the imagination but pretty good for someone my age). The thing that scares me is, if I give up my job, will I ever find another job that pays as well or will I spend the rest of my days destitute and regretting this decision. You see, most people quit their job because they have found a better one but I'm quitting to have a go at following my dream. It's pretty risky and I hope like hell it pays off. I've seen other people take the same risk and fail miserably. I don't do failing very well so let's hope I'm not making a terrible mistake!

I am getting excited though. I'm making some big plans and I'm very much looking forward to following them through. You are all very privileged actually. When I'm a rich and famous author you'll all be able to say you read my work when I was just a lonely blogger! (Ha judging by this blog I'll never be famous but ah well, a girl can dream can't she!)
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment