The World Of Jadeey: I wish work was more fun



I wish work was more fun

Another day of work, another day of annoyance. Today I was on an operational shift. This essentially means I don't do any of my own work because I spend the day doing what a duty manager does. We do this to keep down our hours. I'm (along with the other 2 assistant managers) on a salary so the more operational shifts we do the better because we are then not having to pay a waged employee.

The annoying thing about operational shifts is not just that I have a million things to do that operational shifts get in the way of. It is that I find operational shifts the most boring thing in the world. I have now been with the company for 6 years and 4 of those years were spent as a duty manager so I've done it all before. The thing I've enjoyed most over the last 2 years is that I've moved on from being a duty manager. I sort of feel like I've gone backwards rather than forwards. Logically I know this isn't true but it sure feels that way sometimes.

Okay, no more complaining. I'm home now and watching Heroes. Life is good.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment