The World Of Jadeey: The Two Hundredth



The Two Hundredth

Yes folks, this is my two hundredth post!!

For anyone out there who does not watch the American version of The Office, you should! Jim and Pam are the cutest couple in the history of tv couples. So go rent it or buy it and watch your little hearts out.

I am reading a book at the moment called An Abundance of Katherines. It is a book for teenagers. I have to admit that I often prefer books written for teenagers to those written for my own age group. I do enjoy books written for adults and find that when I read good ones (Anything by Jeffery Deaver, The Clan of the Cave Bear series, My Sister's Keeper, to name a few) I can get completely lost in them. This doesn't happen when I read young adult books yet I still often prefer to read a book aimed at young adults. I think it's because it only takes me a couple of hours to read. I am very impatient and hate not knowing things. I think that's why, when I was a kid, I learnt to be a quick reader.

I really want to write for young adults. I think that is what I will be best at. Perhaps that's the real reason I enjoy reading that level of book so much, because it's what I want to write myself...

It's funny when I look back at my old posts, the ones from the beginning of this blog. My goals have changed somewhat. I no longer feel the need to go to America. It's curious that I don't want to do that anymore. I was so convinced it was what I needed to do. But, this year away from home has made me realise that, while I do want to travel and America is one of the places on the list, I don't want to do it alone. I desperately need my best friend at my side for whatever comes next. Being in the same city as Ingrid is now the most important thing for me. Heh I realise that people will think that is very weird but it's just how it is. I'm sure readers are also questioning my sexuality right now. Not that it matters but yes, I am completely heterosexual, my need for my best friend is purely platonic.

I am going to miss Auckland, well my friends in Auckland, a lot when I finally make the move and leave though. Don't get me wrong, I have thoroughly enjoyed my year here (not a year yet but I haven't got immediate plans of leaving) and don't regret the decision to move here at all. It challenged me and, while at times is has been bloody hard and horrible, I have enjoyed it.

That's about all I have to say for today. It is getting late and I really want to finish my book before bedtime.

Holly out.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment