The World Of Jadeey: The one where I attempt to make up for the boringness of the previous post



The one where I attempt to make up for the boringness of the previous post

Because I just bored you all with a lecture on grammar I thought I'd write the post that I had initially intended to write today. I want to talk for a little bit about celebrity crushes.

When I was a kid my celebrity crushes were no different to my crushes on real people. I guess my crushes as a kid were mostly physical. If I thought someone was attractive that was basis enough for a crush. If they were also a nice person then that was extra great! I guess in the case of a celebrity crush it was based more on their character's personality than their own.

The first celebrity crush I can remember was Luke Perry (God that's embarrassing now). For those of you who don't know, Luke Perry played Dylan on Beverly Hills 90210. I wouldn't really call Dylan a 'nice guy'. He was a bit of a bad-boy really but it was in a fairly harmless way from memory. He had that tall, dark and sexy thing going on and I've always been a sucker for the tall and dark guys, rather than blondes.

After I moved on from Luke Perry I discovered a New Zealand actor named Craig Parker.(there were probably some minor celebrity crushes in there somewhere that I'm not remembering, I'm just going to discuss the major ones.) Craig played Guy Warner on Shortland Street and, again, was tall (well tall compared to me, I was 11) and dark. (Did I mention that I met him recently? That was an exciting moment for me, I've never fully shaken off my Craig-crush). I quit watching Shorty-St once Guy left, I missed him a lot.

The most major celebrity crush of my life would have to be Stephen Fleming. I still adore him (almost) as much today as when I first developed the crush 12 years ago, just in a more realistic way. Oh look, there is a theme! Stephen Fleming is also tall and dark! (And INCREDIBLY sexy)

Stephen was my last spontaneously-occurring celebrity crush. Since then I have had celebrity crushes but they are created-crushes. For instance, two years ago I met Colin Hanks at the King Kong afterparty. He was cute (very cute actually, it surprised me), he was nice when I met him and (it turned out) I thought he acted really well in King Kong. I was excited about having me a proper Hollywood celebrity so I decided to get a crush on him. Crush really probably is the wrong word but I can't think of a better word to describe it. I decided I was going to marry him (jokingly of course) and bought a lot of films he was in. I don't seriously believe I am ever going to marry him, I don't even think I am ever going to meet him again, I don't constantly have dreams involving him and I don't pine for him. So no, it's not a crush like a crush on a real person is. It's just a bit of fun.

Anyway, following on from Colin was Hugh Laurie. I decided on the Hugh-crush because I became obsessed with the show House. Before House I knew Hugh Laurie as Mr Little from Stuart Little. I really didn't know him from anything else. His acting ability on House astounded me and he is super-duper sexy in House as well. To me that seemed like a good enough combination of attributes for a new celebrity crush (celebrity crushes get a little boring pretty quickly because once you have seen/collected everything they have previously been in it's a long time between drinks, so to speak.) So, I set about buying everything Hugh has been in. Again, he is a great actor so it's not like this is a chore for me.

I am now ready for a new celebrity crush. House let me down a bit in Season 3. I still like it but it's lost a wee bit of the magic. I'm hoping it will recapture it in season 4. But, just in case, it's time for a new crush. As you have all gathered my current tv/dvd obsession is The Office. It is, of course, the logical place to discover a new celebrity crush since I am already obsessed with the show. (Just like I crushed on Hugh because I was obsessed with House.) I have decided on John Krasinski as my Office-actor of choice. (It's taken me days to be able to remember his last name. He plays Jim, by the way) He's WAY cute, his character on the show is adorable and he's a really good actor. So, basically, he's perfect. Prepare for some John Krasinski raving from me in the near future! And definitely prepare for an increase in John Krasinski films in my dvd collection as well.

Yes, I enjoy buying DVDs in themes. It makes DVD buying more interesting than just going out and buying stuff I saw at the movies and liked. This way I get to watch and own stuff that I haven't necessarily seen before and that is, maybe, a slight deviation from the norm. I just like it. Shuddup!

Labels:

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment