The World Of Jadeey: But now you never show it to me do you?



But now you never show it to me do you?

There are things we do in life that are stupid. In my life there are a lot of these things.

Often I have the feeling that I am waiting for something even though I don't know what that something is. It annoys me because sometimes I think to myself that at least it's almost the end of the week/month/year. I think that way because of this overwhelming feeling of waiting for something. I'm glad it's nearly the end of the week/month/year because it's closer to what I'm waiting for. The problem is that because I don't actually know what I'm waiting for I could be waiting for absolutely bloody nothing. Not only that but I'm wishing my life away while waiting for potentially nothing.

My flatmate is currently filing. I don't really understand this since I don't bother keeping stuff so have no need to file. I'm glad too, it looks very boring!

Me and my flatmate were talking last night about what we like in men. A very important thing for both of us is someone we can carry out an intelligent conversation with. I couldn't be with someone who's conversational skills only stretched as far as talking about the immediate things happening around them. I want someone who is interested in a broad range of topics and is intelligent enough to carry out a proper conversation about them. I like to talk (I know, I know, that's painfully obvious) and I want someone who likes to talk back. Heh so I guess I'm not keen on the strong, silent type!

Don't you hate it when you are telling someone a story and they completely miss the point, focussing instead on some insignificant detail. It always throws me into a fit of self-doubt. Did I tell the story wrong somehow? Am I the one focussing on the weird detail? Is there something wrong with me? Do I look fat in this outfit? (That one always gets in there no matter what my self-doubt was initially about. Same with every girl)

Holly: So I was walking along, minding my own business...
Friend: What were you wearing?
Holly: Huh? Oh. My white shirt I think. So anyway...
Friend: Your white shirt!?!
Holly: (impatiently) Yes. And suddenly the elephant sits on me!
Friend: And you were wearing a white shirt?
Holly: Yes. But that's not really the important part. The important part is that an elephant sat on me. And I lived to tell the tale.
Friend: Yeah. You didn't really deserve to live after wearing a white shirt did you?
Holly: Okay clearly I committed a major fashion faux pax with my white shirt wearing, but can you please focus.
Friend: Oh I'm plenty focussed. Faux pax is an understatement you know.
Holly: Whatever. I'll tell someone else.

Now, clearly this is a fake story fabricated to illustrate my point. Obviously I'd never wear a white shirt. Geez, who do you think I am!

I do seem to have conversations often where someone will miss the entire point of my story. This either means I tell stories to stupid people a lot or I am utterly useless at telling stories. It's always disappointing when it happens. It makes me want to reiterate the point I was actually trying to make but then I just feel like I'm repeating myself.

I don't have very many stories anymore. The ones I do have all seem to either revolve around work or certain males who shall remain nameless. I used to have lots and lots of stories but recently my world, and my focus, has narrowed and with that narrowing my stories have diminished.

There is of course the really big story of the guy who broke into my house but other than that there isn't a lot. Whenever I'm working to or from work I think of many things to blog about. Unfortunately by the time I get near my computer they have fled my mind again.

I'm watching Love Actually at the moment. Such a great film and one I could watch a million times without getting sick of. I like that some of the stories are left with ambiguous endings, like the Emma Thompson/Alan Rickman story. It is really up to the viewer to decide whether they are still together at the end of the film or not.

Watching their part of the story makes me think about this assignment I did in psyc many years ago. It was about how marriage and (western) society's views on marriage have changed over the years. We (group assignment) specifically focused on how it is important to give up that bad relationship rather than just sticking it out for the sake of it.

The media often make commentary on mental health and try to tell everyone that our society's mental health is in decline. We stated that this is not true at all. Mental health issues are more readily accepted these days and people are more willing to ask for help when they have mental health issues. We hypothesised that the mental health of our society is actually getting better rather than worse. We went on to theorise that one of the reasons for this is that divorce is an acceptable solution to an unhealthy relationship. While you shouldn't give up on a marriage too easily, and while it does take work, if it really is no longer working then you are free to walk away where once you wouldn't have been. People change and that is now accepted by society. The person we were at age 20 is not necessarily the same person we are at age 30. It just makes sense that sometimes we grow apart from our partner, particularly when we have met and married them young.

Heh we included a questionnaire filled with questions you should ask yourself if you think you might be in an unhealthy relationship. (I will refrain from posting those questions here, don't worry!) We got an A for the assignment which was nice and is probably why I remember it so well.

I really miss uni sometimes, other times I don't at all. I did like learning new things though, and researching things. I loved that work wasn't the only thing I had in my life. I could escape work and just go to class, it was a simpler time! :P
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger Kat said...

You should file Holly. It's boring and tedious, yes, but I can find stuff I need really quickly and filing means I get to buy stationary and I love stationary.

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Well stationery is fun I will grant you that. But I'm also lazy and that laziness will probably always win out.

 

Post a Comment