The World Of Jadeey: Anywhere the wind blows....



Anywhere the wind blows....

I completed my 2nd assignment for my writing course today. Not that exciting really but impressive when you consider that it is a correspondence course that is allowed to take a maximum of four years and I have been doing it for 3 and a half years now. Yes, 3 and a half years and I've only just completed the 2nd assignment. It is quite probable that I will not have time to complete the course but I'm going to give it my best shot.

I've started watching Shortland Street again. But only for the next two weeks cos Craig Parker is on it and I adore him. I had a crush on him for years when he was on Shortland Street the first time around and am watching him again for my twelve year old self who never missed an episode while he was on it. It helps that he's still very nice to look at too!!

I was thinking about my car tonight. I want to go to Australia and I thought my mum would buy my car so I could buy it back when I get back but she said no. This made me sad and is almost enough to make me not want to go. I adore my car way too much to give it up. When I was telling her this Kat asked me if I had named my car. I said that I haven't (which is true, I haven't). She has now suggested I name my car Ahmed. She is extremely excited by this idea and I have got to say that it is growing on me.

I really should be going to bed. The end of my two days off has come and I have work early in the morning. I REALLY don't want to go back. Not because I hate my job but just because I don't want to go back. I don't like it anywhere near enough to get excited about going back there.

I was talking to my parents the other day and they asked when I would have some time to come to Wellington for a visit. I had to admit the truth to them, I won't be coming back for a visit. I can't. I want to but I can't. If I go back then I won't be able to come back to Auckland. Oh, I'd come back to hand in my resignation and pack my things but I wouldn't be able to come back and stay.

I have a friend who currently lives in America. He comes home a couple of times a year when he's being doing some work in Australia. I honestly don't know how he goes back to America each time. I don't think I could do it. But then again, maybe he's happier over there and, of course, there are some significant things that make going back worth it to him.

It might sound odd to those of you reading about how homesick I am that I could possibly be considering going to Australia rather than going home to Wellington. But the thing is, as I've said, once I go back to Wellington I think it will be a long time before I can convince myself to leave again and I need to. I feel an overwhelming urge to push myself that little bit further out of my comfort zone. I need this if I'm ever going to make anything of my life. So that's why I want to go to Australia. Then, once I'm done there I can go home and stay home. I can take comfort in the fact that I pushed myself, that I did what I wanted to do and I didn't let being scared as fuck stop me.

I just hope I can find the strength within myself to do it.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment