The World Of Jadeey: This is your song



This is your song

I wrote it for you

I've noticed that there are a lot of covers of songs coming out recently. I guess that's cos there's a lot of great old (and not so old) music.

I decided to spend my mega-exciting, no friends so I hang out on my own, Friday night at home looking on the internet for unexpected covers of songs. (wow could I be any more cool?)

I found a couple. One was a cover of Kokomo (I shouldn't have to tell anyone who is world-famous for this song but I will anyway because of an event a few weeks ago which I will detail further down this blog. It's the Beach Boys' song people.) Anyway I found a cover of Kokomo by Adam Green, featuring Ben Kweller. It's odd. Slow and spoken for a lot of it. I'm definitely in favour of the Beach Boys version of the song but the Adam Green version is still worth a listen.

I also found a cover of R Kelly's Ignition that is truly awful. (I actually have a soft spot for R Kelly's version for reasons that I'm not discussing with the world). Bonnie 'Prince' Billy does an awful job covering this song. Listening to it I felt the way normal people do when they listen to the R Kelly version. (Maybe not all people, but everyone I know hates the R Kelly version).

So, the reason I had to tell you all it was the Beach Boys that sang Kokomo is because of a staff meeting a few weeks ago. For some reason that I can't remember my boss mentioned John Lennon. One of the staff (mostly made up of school kids) asked who John Lennon was. We thought she was joking but then a couple of others didn't know either. People actually didn't know who John Lennon was. Man that made me feel old!

As well as my uber exciting song searching I asked an online magic 8 ball some very important questions. I got the answers I wanted too so that was nice. Just wish Magic 8 balls were actually right all the time! Heh to round off my evening I watched some dvds and played some video games. I guess I just wanted to actually prove I'm a total geek or something.

Next week I'm going to see a career coach. I've decided it's time for me to actually get a plan and get on track with my life. When I was a kid I always thought I'd end up doing something great. Right now I just feel like a disappointment to myself. Working in a movie theatre sure isn't what I want to do forever, even if it does pay well.

That's about it from me. I don't have a lot of other news really.

Catchya
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2 Comments:

At 2:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow its really a sad sad thing when kids growing up dont know who john lennon is.
i mean really really sad.
and yet his memorial in strawberry fields central park is always packed with people.

in other beatles news - seen the trailer for across the universe yet?
its on my bebo page - check it out

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Holly said...

I just don't understand how kids can not know who he is. I mean, I know he's been dead for more than my lifetime but I thought he was one name that would live on for a hell of a lot longer than this.

I went and checked out the trailer. So awesome! I hadn't even heard of the film but now I'm dying to see it. Pity it'll be forever before it comes out here!

 

Post a Comment