The World Of Jadeey: You'll be in my heart



You'll be in my heart

From this day on
Now and forever more


Okay I'm feeling a little sad tonight. I'm moving to Auckland in 6 days (or maybe 7, I'm not actually sure when my flight is). I'm still looking forward to going but because it's now so close it has become real and I'm thinking about all the things I'm going to miss.

So here it is, a list of the things I'm going to miss most (in order I think, but I might change the order)

- Ingrid (she beats my parents only because I see her EVERY day whereas I only see them once a week at most)
- My parents
- All my other friends
- Little Felix the cat
- My other family members in Wellington (not trying to be mean putting them under my cat but I will probably see them just as often living in Auckland as I do living in Wellington!)
- My flatmate (who has been the best flatmate EVER, he is also included under friends but gets counted twice because he's been so fantastic)
- Sky sport (which I'll hopefully get eventually but not at first)
- My workmates
- My bed (not taking it with me, this might move further up the list if my bed up there is uncomfortable)
- My work
- My mac (not taking it)
- My car (not sure if I'm taking it or not yet)
- My shower (It's FANTASTIC, depending on the power of my shower up there this might also move up the list)
- My room (it's so nice and big!)
- My lovely, relaxing walk to work (it's one of my favourite parts of the day)


So there's my very materialistic list.

Seriously though, it's the people I'm going to miss most. The other stuff is sad but I don't really care all that much. If I did I'd be taking stuff like my mac and bed with me.

I wish I could take all the people with me. It's almost enough to stop me going. The only thing that's not letting me shout that I don't want to go after all is that I know I'd always regret not taking this opportunity. This is not what I want to do forever, not by any stretch of the imagination but it does seem to be what I'm going to be doing for the next little while so I might as well make the most of it.

I'm going up for 7 days to start with and then am back here ironing out the kinks at work for 10 days after that. It feels silly to be so upset when to start with I'm only going for 7 days. But it doesn't feel like I'm only going for 7 days. I'm going for good - it just so happens I'll be back for work 7 days after I leave. Nothing will be the same when i'm back though, I won't be the boss anymore (although I'm sure I'll still be treated that way), I won't live in my flat anymore, Felix won't be my cat anymore, this won't be the city I live in anymore.

Everything is changing and that is good. But damn I'm going to miss this place and these people.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment