The World Of Jadeey: Because I'm going YouTube crazy



Because I'm going YouTube crazy

Since I'm already going crazy with my posts from YouTube I thought I would continue by hunting down and posting the most spectacular New Zealand cricket moments I've seen. This should make people (here's looking at you Sam since I'm not sure that anyone else who reads on here actually cares at all about cricket) remember why they love The Black Caps.

Matthew Sinclair makes a stunning catch to get Matthew Hayden out during the Chappell Hadlee series 2005/2006 season.


Nathan Astle proving once again why he should be an automatic selection into our ODI team



Nathan Astle again. The most unbelievable catch I've ever seen

The first video is great because it shows the shot and the umpires reaction but you don't really see the catch since the camera man was expecting a 6. The second video then shows the catch in slow-motion so both are worth a watch. Note that Nathan Astle is not a tall man.





Runout.

This video is a bit long but I think is worth a look, unfortunately I couldn't find just the runout itself in a short video.


Chris Cairns completely fools Chris Read with a slower ball

The delivery that almost ended Chris Read's career



Lance Cairns smashing 6 sixes
I think every New Zealand cricket fan has seen this footage at one stage or another but it's always worth another look


The delivery that Kiwi's will be talking about until the end of time
If we're watching moments that have gone down in history then it'd be a sin for me to leave this off. The first video is just the delivery itself. Personally I'd recommend giving that a miss and watching the second video. This is an 8 minute video but shows the entire over and the reaction immediately afterwards. I'd never seen this before and found it fascinating. Embarrassingly, even though I knew the result, I found myself getting excited when Smith was on strike.






Shane Bond!
This is not a fantastic moment in cricket as much as it is showing off the brilliance that is Shane Bond



Last over of the second ODI against Sri Lanka 06/07
Again, not the most spectacular moment but one that had every New Zealander's (and every Sri Lankan's) hearts in their mouth. Poor Michael Mason must have been almost pooing his pants. I remember when Chris Pringle bowled the last over of a match when the scores were levelled and he managed to bowl a maiden. I couldn't believe it at the time and watching this totally brought that back to my mind but this time we were on the receiving end



Wouldn't it be nice if the world was Hadlee
This just had to be included because it is HILARIOUS!



Okay well that's it. I might add more if I come across them. Hope you enjoyed them!
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment