The World Of Jadeey: Some people say that I'm not worth it



Some people say that I'm not worth it

I've made mistakes. But nobody's perfect

Hey everyone. I know it's been a while since I posted, I haven't really been in the mood recently. I've got a few notepad files with posts that I might upload at some point, we'll see.

I was surfing around on myspace today. I have a weird relationship with the site, it's very love/hate. I like looking for people I know and adding them but don't really see any other use for the site. Maybe if I used the blog feature I'd find it more interesting, but I've already got this blog so I don't need another. It's the same with bebo and hi5. I have profiles on both of those as well but don't really use them other than to add friends.

Anyway, I have 3 friends on myspace that I'm waiting to add me as their friends and its not happening. One of them I've been friends with since I was 6! I think maybe it's a bit buggered - surely I wouldn't be being snobbed?!? It leaves you in a very vulnerable position though - wondering why they haven't added you. Or maybe that's just me. The same thing happened to me with hi5 last year. I waited ages for the guy I was seeing to finally add me. It wasn't important enough for me to remember when I was actually talking to him, I only ever remembered when I was on the site for some reason. Every time I was on the site though and saw he hadn't added me yet? It bugged the hell out of me for some reason. Very odd.

Myspace is worse because it tells you when your messages are read. So, you know when you're actually being ignored. I hate stuff like that. I used to have this feature on my email years ago before spam filters started blocking it, that would tell you when your email had been read (I think some email programs still do that but the person has to actually click a button - this did it without the other person knowing). I had this one friend who always used to tell me she didn't check very often which is why it always took her forever to reply. I never told her that I knew exactly when she read her email and that it was always very quickly.

The same thing goes with my cellphone. It tells me when the message is received at the other persons phone and then when it is read. (It just has a different symbol in the outbox to tell you - took me a really long time to figure out what the symbols meant.) Again, I don't say anything when people tell me they didn't get my message for ages and I know they really did. I don't care - they've obviously got a reason for not replying straight away and it's probably a lot more simple to say they didn't have their phone on them. Besides, I've used that excuse many times. (Heh but I always wonder if the person I'm telling the lie to also has that feature on their phone. No-ones ever said anything though.)

It's funny (strange, not haha) and sad that, in general, people don't have much time for each other. Back when I was a teenager the only thing I cared about was talking to my friends. Now, work always comes first and I fit my friends in around it. It's not really the best way to be but it's pretty much a necessity. Some people are better than others at fitting everything in though I think. I know I am USELESS at replying to emails and text messages. I'm fine if you catch me at a good time and I can take a moment to reply. But if I just read the message in passing while I'm busy with something else, getting a reply out of me is tough. I get so focussed on what I'm doing that I completely forget I even got a message so don't get around to replying until I remember. Sometimes this can be days (as certain people who read on here can attest to - sorry! :) )

On this subject, a horrible thing happened to me the other day. One of my friends rang me at work. Something happened and I had to leave the phone for a minute, I told her I'd be back in a minute because it wasn't going to take me long to sort out. It didn't either, but I completely forgot I'd been on the phone and started doing something else. It wasn't until 15 minutes later when I saw the phone off the hook that I remembered! She was still on the other end which was surprising. She also forgave me, knowing what I can be like, which was very nice of her. It must have been bloody annoying for her just waiting for me to come back!

Ummmm how on earth did I get onto this topic? No idea! Well, I don't really have a lot else to say so I might sign off now. haha, talk about a random post. *shakes head at self*
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment