The World Of Jadeey: We coulda been a world



We coulda been a world

We could have been one.

I bought a couple of new CDs on my lunch break, the new Feelers album and My Chemical Romance. Apparently liking My Chemical Romance makes me emo or some shit. Despite the fact that the My Chemical Romance guys have said they are NOT emo and has anyone ever known me to NOT like music? It's not like I have exclusive taste.

Luckily though, me and my friends are geeks and a conversation we had last week has saved me from the 'emo' label. (aside from the obvious fact that I'm not emo anyway. This was all just a lame attempt to lead into my story nicely.)

Somehow our conversation got onto the whole being emo thing and SpaceMonkey was telling us how dumb it was because it's just normal teen angst stuff that everyone goes through but with a label. She also said there is now a whole type of music which is labeled emo. (Only by those who consider themselves emo).

This lead on to the four of us deciding we should create a label for ourselves and have music that is ours etc. So, ours became an intellectual label, we would sit around and discuss intelligent things such as politics and the state of the world. (Sounds lame I know, but it actually is what we do!) We came up with the name 'Intellis' or something like that, I can't remember.

Conversation moved on and we were talking about how dumb Don Brash is. SpaceMonkey (I think) asked which was left-wing in America, the Democrats or the Republicans. I said the Democrats and she cleverly came up with changing our newly formed name to the Demos. (Please tell me everyone gets that, because if you don't I'm concerned.)

Now we go around saying things to each other like "that is so demo". We really, truly are geeks. I can see that now. By the way, in case you are wondering, demo music is absolutely anything. Demos don't have to be tied down to one type of music.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment