The World Of Jadeey: Here we go again



Here we go again

Bored yet?

It's a supremely slow day work-wise so once again I'm going to bother my loyal readers. (do I actually have any loyal readers? I'm not so sure)

Often the fact that I am so nice (ha that sounds up-myself. But, by nice, I actually mean tend to let people walk all over me so I don't mean it as a compliment but a criticism of myself) gets me into trouble. (Does anyone even understand that sentence since I confusingly broke it up with a very long sentence in brackets?)

Sometimes, though, being very nice gets me out of situations other people would get into trouble for. I stuffed something very big up at work yesterday. (Quite an achievement since I was only there for an hour). I arrived at work this morning to find an email waiting for me demanding an explanation. I apologised profusely and gave my somewhat garbled explanation which really just showed that I was an idiot who didn't listen to instructions. The response? "Well that's okay. It doesn't seem like it was really your fault. Don't worry about it." Um. What? It was TOTALLY my fault. Not that I'm complaining about not getting reamed about it.

I was reading on this site I've recommended before and one of the points reminded me of one of my friends.

I have this friend who, for no reason that I can understand, wants everything that is happening in a movie to be explained to her, and I do mean everthing. If I've seen the movie (and sometimes even if I haven't) she'll start off with "who's that?". I'll say it's so and so. Next thing she asks is "Is he going to end up with her?" Well now, it's a romantic comedy so I'd imagine so and if you JUST WATCHED IT you'd find out anyway. It drives me CRAZY. What is the point of watching a film if you want the entire thing dictated to you? You may as well just look at the cover of the DVD and have me explain the plot-line. It'd save us all time.

Oh, and when we're watching a film I haven't seen and she has? You guessed it. I get the entire thing dictated to me. Even when I say I haven't seen it and don't want the ending spoiled she'll still tell me what's going to happen. Arghh!

Another thing that drives me crazy, since we're on the topic, is when someone talks during sex. I don't mean dirty-talk, that's expected. No, I mean a full-on conversation. Now, I would have thought this was an annoying female habit but apparently it's something my ex-boyfriend suffered from as well. So, either he was a female with no breasts and a HUGE clitoris or some guys do this too. (I'm hoping it's the latter).

He would talk about ANYTHING and everything. Come to think of it, maybe it was his way of holding out longer, distracting himself sort of. Either that or the sex was really boring. I don't imagine it was that because he wanted it often enough. (heh, too much information?)

I remember one time he suddenly says "Did you see the cricket?" What the fuck? Why was he thinking about cricket? I mean, it's quite possible I was thinking about cricket myself but for me that's not strange. I could probably get myself off on thoughts of cricket alone. (Ok, this is clearly becoming too much information so I suggest some of you stop reading right now).

Another time. And this one actually put me off enough that I had to stop. He says "I think I should meet your parents. Why don't we invite them out for dinner tomorrow night." Ummmmm. Thinking about my parents? In the middle of sex? NO!

I also had "I think I've figured out how to get past that mission in The Godfather", "Should we see a movie tonight", "I think I'm going to buy new rims for my car", "I think my car needs a warrant I can't remember when it's due" and "Who do YOU think would win out of Superman and Batman?" Well, clearly the answer is Superman, but that's neither here nor there.

It seems like a bit much to me. Maybe he really did find sex boring. He wasn't generally the most whimsical of people but during sex he did come across that way. Hmmm I think I've just painted myself in a very bad light here.

Oh well. What good is this blog if not to use it to randomly humiliate myself and those I love? I would like to say this blog is here to amuse people. Unfortunately I'm painfully aware that I'm not funny. (Most painfully aware when I'm script writing and realise it's completely boring and without humour.) So, here to document my day and humiliate myself is probably far more accurate than amusing people. One day though, someone will laugh at something I say. (Something I intend as a joke rather than when I'm being serious. Laughing at me when i'm trying to be serious is a far too often occurrence.) My, that will be a good day indeed.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, I laughed my ass off through that post. Actually I've been laughing for like the last hour as I've been reading your post.

Obviously either you are funny or I an stupid

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Ah see now I'm in a quandary. I can either admit that I'm funny and look egotistical (although I did admit in my most recent post that I find myself very amusing) or I can call you stupid. Not sure which to go for here :)

 

Post a Comment