The World Of Jadeey: You never really leave my mind



You never really leave my mind

For lack of anything better to do this evening I've read a book, taken a nap, played some playstation and added some stuff to my Christmas wish list on Amazon.com. Anyone interested in buying me a Christmas present, feel free to order from there. :) But please remember, I'm useless at buying people presents so I don't actually expect them from other people either. Creating the list was really just an exercise in relieving some of my boredom and reminding myself of things I want to buy off there when I get around to it. I do love buying people stuff but I just suck at it, I find it really hard to come up with ideas and then get all in a dither about it. I love group presents because it takes all the pressure away.

I went shopping today and spent far too much money. (Clothes shopping, not Christmas shopping.) I was completely amazed and impressed by the shop assistant at Max. I'm not sure if she works on commission or not but I hope she does because she was FANTASTIC and I would like her to get a percentage from my purchases today. She spent ages with me, wandering around the shop, finding stuff I might like and bringing it to my changing room. I didn't even have to leave the changing room once I was ensconced in there, for over an hour she trotted back and forth bringing me stuff. It was great. One of the best shopping experiences I've ever had.

My mum was also great, standing outside my changing room and helping me decide whether everything looked good or not. Ha, and as I was paying the shop assistant said "your aunt is really nice to help you." I said that it was actually my mum and she refused to believe me at first because apparently she looks WAY too young to be my mum. Many people say this, although my mum doesn't believe me when I tell her that. It must be even worse for my brother who is 8 years older than me. If people can't believe she's old enough to be my mum then they must really struggle to believe she's Matt's mum. (Especially funny since she was 28 when I was born. She's in her 50's but would easily be placed at very early 40's by most people I think. I think this is a very good sign for me. It has the slight disadvantage now of people not believing I'm 24 but I'd rather people always think I'm younger than I am than always think I'm older than I am.)

I ordered The Hollow Men today because I'm now kinda dying to read it. I'm not actually a big fan of Nicky Hager but my interest has been peaked enough by everything I've read on the 'net and seen on TV to want to read it anyway.

In news that probably only Sam will be interested in, Australia are currently annihilating England in the Ashes. In Australia's first innings they got to 602/9d then bowled a very lacklustre England out for 157. For some reason Australia did not enforce the follow-on and are now building a MASSIVE lead. I guess not enforcing the follow-on is a good decision, it's only day 3 and will give them a brilliant chance for batting practice. I can't see them having too many problems bowling England out again in a day and a half or 2 days.

Usually I want any team that plays Australia to beat them. I LOVE to see Australia lose. However, my love of cricket as a game sometimes overtakes my desire to see Australia lose and I can't help but love watching Australia in full command of a game. They are an amazing team. Watching McGrath in full flight, taking wickets and bowling with a skill that only he seems to possess, watching Ponting and Gilchrist completely take it to the bowlers and smash the ball to the boundary repeatedly. There's not many better sights than that. (It should go without saying that all bets are off when New Zealand are playing Australia. I can NEVER enjoy Australia doing well if it is against us, no matter how beautiful the cricket is. It should also go without saying that a better sight than those mentioned above is when it is my boys doing well.)

I am disappointed in England. I had hoped they'd take it to the Aussies. England's performance in the Champions Trophy was abysmal but I held out hope that maybe they'd been too focussed on the longer form of the game and the Ashes. England is a team I quite like and it is disappointing that they seem to have lost all ability to play the game this year. Hopefully it is a short-term problem that restore itself before the end of the Ashes. (Maybe even before the end of this game.) I also hope that I don't live to regret that wish, I'll be gutted if they beat us in the World Cup.

I'm a weird cricket fan I think. I don't have a lot of friends who like cricket so I can't be completely sure but I don't think I'm quite usual. I'm such a purist that I'd prefer to watch a close game, a game of really good cricket, that we ultimately lose, than watch a bad game of cricket where we win. Yes, I'd rather watch a good game than a winning game. That's not to say I don't go into major sulking mode whenever we lose.

My damn alarm beeper thingy has broken off my keyring. This is causing me major hassles because it's now very easy to misplace. In fact, last weekend I couldn't drive my car at all because the beeper was lost so I couldn't unset the alarm. Worse though was the night it broke. Me and SpaceMonkey were out in Porirua watching a movie in the evening. Just after I locked the car I heard something fall to the ground but didn't see anything so decided it was my imagination. We went and enjoyed our movie then returned to the car about 10pm. (for those of you who don't know, Porirua ain't the safest place around.) Upon pulling out my keys I noticed the alarm beeper wasn't attached. I figured it had just fallen off in my bag so started digging around. No joy. A bit of panic set in then until SpaceMonkey remembered that I'd heard something drop. By some miracle the beeper was under my car. Thank God no-one had found it, taken it, run it over, used it to get into my car. Being stuck in Porirua is not something I even want to contemplate. However, I'm now terrified I'm going to lose the beeper when I'm somewhere equally unsafe, rendering me stranded.

I'm constantly made aware how important and wonderful family is and how lucky I am to have such a terrific family. I was brought up to believe that there is nothing more important than family. My dad's side of the family is very close and would do anything for each other. I really do mean anything too. I can't think of a single request that would be denied.

I feel really sad for people who don't get on with their family. I can't understand how some parents can disown their children. I don't think there is anything I could do that would make my parents disown me. Even if I was a serial-killer. They'd be upset and disappointed for sure (heh now there's an understatement) but they would never stop loving me. My mum really wants either me or my brother to get married because she is convinced she'd be a great mother-in-law. She will be too. Even if she hated our partners they'd never know it. She wouldn't have the ability to treat someone me or Matt loved, badly. My dad is the same.

Holy crap. I have well and truly written enough for tonight I think. Why can't I put this kind of focus onto my script-writing and my novel? Honestly, if I wrote those as diligently as I seem to write in here they'd be finished before the end of the year! Heh my ability to write so many words of total crap scares me sometimes. I'm sure it also scares those of you I subject to equally long, pointless emails! :)

Time to do the dishes and then I guess go to sleep or something.

Check you later.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment