The World Of Jadeey: I want meat!!



I want meat!!

Okay this is not good. It's been one day of this fruit and vegetables only thing and I'm already DYING for meat. Hell, it hasn't even been a whole day - I've still got dinner to get through. I think my main problem is going to be making sure I actually do eat. The idea of fruit doesn't excite me so it's tempting to just not bother with eating. However, that will do the opposite of what I intend. I'm supposed to be healthy for 3 weeks not stop eating and screw my poor body up further!

I hope I don't end up hating fruit by the end of it. The one amusing thing that has happened is that I'm currently obsessed with food. I've always been pretty take it or leave it with food. I enjoy my meals but, particularly in summer, don't notice if I miss a meal for some reason. Right now though? All I can think of is all the things I want to be eating and none of them are fruit or vegetables. Heh it's going to be a long 3 weeks that's for sure.

There was a bomb scare in Wellington this afternoon. It was pretty exciting as I walked to the train, a whole street was blocked off. Actually, it wasn't that exciting but oh well. It sure was more exciting than much else that happened to me today.

Something amusing did happen to me though. I was walking down the street and I ran into a girl I went to high school with and her boyfriend. She noticed me first and stopped to say hi. The funny thing about running into people from high school is we're always extra friendly even when, like with this girl, we weren't friends and I couldn't have cared less about her then and still don't.

So anyway me and girl from high school (to now be abbreviated to GFHS) said enthusiastic hi's to each other then prepared to continue on our way. However just before I did I looked at her boyfriend and realised it was a guy I went out with in high school. I wasn't sure if he recognised me because he hadn't said anything but I ventured a 'Hi Steven' anyway.

A brief flash of something that can only be described as horror flashed across his face before vanishing and he smiled at me 'Hey Holly.' I briefly wondered why he'd looked so horrified, considering the reason for our break up we'd actually parted on fairly good terms. I didn't have to wait long to find out the reason for his horror though.

"You two know each other?" GFHS asked. There was an accusing note in her voice but I didn't really take notice of it at the time because, what would I have to be accused of?

"Yeah. We dated back in..." I trailed off as I saw Steven looking absolutely petrified and shaking his head wildly. How GFHS didn't notice his reaction I'll never know but she was totally focused on me.

"Back in what?" The accusation was definitely there now. What the hell was going on?

Steven saved me from trying to figure out whether I should finish my sentence or just run away, by answering for me. "In 5th form." He said.

The look on her face. God, you'd think he'd just said we were having an affair.

"You didn't tell me you went out with her!" Was pretty much shouted at poor Steven.

"I didn't know you knew her." Came the defensive reply.

"How? You know what school I went to and I'm sure you knew what school she went to if you dated her at school."

I was trying to figure out how to get away without turning their attention back to me. Yet at the same time I was strangely fascinated by their conversation. Was she just pure crazy or was I missing something?

"I guess I just didn't think about it. We only went out for about a week, it didn't seem important." At this I received a sharp look from Steven, daring me to correct him and say it was actually 3 months and we'd been friends for 6 months before that. I'd learned my lesson though and kept my mouth shut.

"How did you break up?" It was not said with genuine curiosity but just more accusations. It was like she was checking we had actually broken up and weren't still secretly seeing each other on the side.

Again a look of horror passed across poor Steven's face. This was clearly not a one-time crazy event with GFHS, his initial reaction to me proved that. But, for someone who probably has to put up with accusations on a daily basis he sure wasn't very good at hiding his reactions.

This time, though, I could understand the reason for his horror. You see, we broke up because he was in love with my best friend. The moment she broke up with her boyfriend he broke up with me and asked her out. (She said no because, unlike some friends of mine, she was a GOOD friend.)

I could see why Steven didn't want to impart this information. If his crazy girlfriend was angry at him for dating people in high school then she definitely wasn't going to like that he dated someone in high school while secretly lusting after their best friend. No, he was never going to come off like the good guy in that story.

"Holly cheated on me." He said. What? Okay, couldn't he have come up with something better than that? No? Okay. Fine.

However, this didn't reduce GFHS's ire. Actually, I think it increased it.

"She broke your heart? Do you wish you were still together?" GFHS asked, really just getting crazier. We didn't date at the end of high school, it was when we were 15. I somehow don't think he would have been pining after me for ten years even if the story was true and I had broken his heart.

I'd grown tired of the crazy by now and decided to make my excuses and leave. Politeness reigned and I said that it was great to see them again which is a total lie - it was amusing as hell but I could live without ever running into them again. I bet they're still arguing now.

I wonder though, why does he stay? Why would you put up with a relationship like that? It can't be a good one. Heh maybe he's in love with her best friend.

Oh, and good news, he was much better looking when we were 15. Time has not been good to him. :)
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment