The World Of Jadeey: Is this the real life?



Is this the real life?

Or is this just fantasy

It’s boxing day evening and I’m currently sitting in my cousin’s lounge in Perth. Not sure if I’ll be able to get online to post this until after I get back but we’ll see.

Today the temperature was around 39 degrees (Celsius). It was BEAUTIFUL!! We spent all day around at one of my other cousin’s houses. They have a huge, deep, lovely pool which I spent most of they day in. In fact, that’s about all I’ve done for the 5 days we’ve been here – swim.

I’m seriously considering moving here. My cousins Brendan and Kerry have said I can live with them, they have a spare room and wouldn’t mind renting it out. It’s a great house, big tv, big dvd collection etc. Kerry’s son, Tyran, comes to visit on the weekends but he’s a great kid so that wouldn’t be a problem. The only issue, really, is whether or not I’d cramp their style. They are, after all, two bachelor boys pretty used to their boy living. (Not that I’m very girly so I’d probably do all the same boy things they do. Except for having girls sleep over of course. I’m not really one for picking up girls in bars. I’d much rather find myself a handsome lad! Heh)

Speaking of handsome lads. The boys here are HOT! So much hotter than back home. Me and Spacemonkey have decided it’s because they are all tan and lovely and not wearing many clothes. Whatever the reason, I like it! Oddly enough there are also far more redheads than in NZ. (yeah, those two statements are mutually exclusive. I haven’t seen any good-looking redheads here. But maybe I will before the trip is over.) There are also hardly any Asians. SpaceMonkey and I pointed these observations out to Brendan and he told us we weren’t looking right. Apparently there are tons of Asians. I think maybe he needs to take a trip to Auckland or Sydney to see that he’s wrong, Perth is very lacking in an Asian community.

Being that it’s boxing day I guess I better quickly discuss presents. From SpaceMonkey I received the book about Peter Jackson. I think that is going to serve me very well on the plane trip home! From my parents I received the promise of good-quality speakers for my iPod. We’ll see if it goes any further than a promise before I get too excited about that though.

The rest of the family agreed not to do presents since there are 45 of us here that would get a little too expensive!

Catching up with family has been amazingly awesome. I’ve never spent any time with Kerry before now so getting to know him in particular has been great. Brendan I already know because he’s done many trips to NZ and he looked after me when I was here last time. (I was 11, he was 17. Poor guy) Meeting all my cousins’ children has been great too. Last time I was here none of them had kids so I’ve had 11 kids to meet for the very first time.

Ty, Kerry’s son, is my favourite. He’s 10 but seems more like an adult in a kid’s body. SpaceMonkey has decided she’s going to marry him when he grows up. Jade, Vanessa’s son, is my other favourite. He’s 3 and is possibly the cutest kid in the entire world. (Don’t tell my nephew I said that!)

For the rest of the trip there isn’t a lot planned. On New Years we’re all going out to Tania’s to have a big party. I’m one of the designated drivers so I won’t be drinking but that’s okay. I think all that has been done since we arrived is drinking anyway so one night won’t kill me.

I’m having a lovely relaxing time being away from work. I knew I was a bit stressed back home but I now realise I was a LOT stressed. I don’t think I’ve felt this relaxed in about 3 years, maybe more. It’s very good for me to be here and to forget about work for a while. (Not that I’ve forgotten, I still think about it a lot. But I’m not using my usual cellphone so I’m not receiving any calls, which helps with the relaxation factor.)

Okay I’m going to end this here because I am currently being called to participate in our regular evening game. Tonight is uno. I’m sure I’ll kick ass!
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment