The World Of Jadeey: I've got nothing on my mind



I've got nothing on my mind

Okay here is a post NOT about cricket just for Kat :) Although, my personal opinion is that anything I write about cricket is FAR more interesting than anything else I could possibly write about but perhaps I am alone in thinking this way. Well, probably not alone, I'm sure Sam will agree but he may be the only one.

I don't have a lot to write about really so I'm going to talk about something strange about myself. This is either going to make people think I am a total freak or maybe it's totally normal and I've just never realised other people do it too. Either way I think it illustrates how well suited I am to the idea of being a writer.

You see, I write stories in my head constantly. I do mean constantly and they're not stories I could write down on paper and sell for a tidy profit. In fact, fantasy might be a better way of describing them but that's not really right either. I'll try and explain better.

When I'm doing anything that doesn't require concentration - walking anywhere, lying in bed trying to sleep, sitting on the bus or train, showering, waiting for someone and anything else that might arise in my day that doesn't require concentration, I lose myself in daydreams, fantasies, stories, whatever the hell I should call them. These daydreams always follow a story-type format. They have a beginning, middle and end and they are LONG. They can take me anywhere from 2 days to a week to complete in my head.

I am (almost) always the star, which is neat since my life is far better in my head than it is in actuality. But it is actually like reading a book in my head about myself. Conversations are there as well as hugely long descriptions of what is going on around me. The way it is imagined for me can take on two formats depending on what I am doing. One is when it really is just words in my head and it will be exactly like reading a book, to the extent that there will even be the words "I said" or "and then I walked over to the mailbox and opened it."

If I really don't have to be concentrating at all, so if I'm on the bus or going to sleep it will play out more like a movie. The "I said"'s will disappear and instead I will just see myself saying it and I'll hear the words. (Wow, written like that it does make me seem like a freak.)

The subject matter varies. For example, for the last couple of days I was in a Harry Potter type world and because my family was pure-blooded I had to have an arranged marriage to keep our pure bloodline going. I didn't like the person my parents chose for me but couldn't argue because that would be disrespectful. It was a heap longer than that and a lot more happened but that was the basic gist of it.

Weird huh? I have no idea where it came from and to call it a fantasy would be completely wrong since, while I would love to be magic, I don't want an arranged marriage. Particularly to someone I don't even like. They are kind of like dreams in that they just come to me and play out in my head for no discernible reason. I don't sit there thinking "and this could happen next". It just happens as though it was already written and I'm just reading/watching it.

Some are a bit more normal than that too. Last week I moved to Scotland and spent 6 months doing nothing but writing. That one was more like a fantasy because it's something I've actually considered doing numerous times and something that is potentially going to happen at some point in the next couple of days.

This is also how the stories I write come to me. Suddenly the story will be in my head and I know exactly how I'm going to want it to go. I then just have to get it down on paper.

So, have I lost all of my friends because you all think I'm far too weird? Hopefully not! I've been doing it for as long as I can remember so it doesn't change who I am! :) (I'm wondering if I'm going to be bombarded with people telling me I'm not weird and that everyone does it. It'd be nice to not think I'm a freak for it but when, on occasion, I've asked people if they do it the reply has always been no not to that extent.)

To move onto a topic that doesn't potentially make me look like a freak... Something awkward happened today. A friend of mine texted me and said that now I'm back from Australia we should get together and exchange Christmas presents. The problem is I haven't bought her anything and had no plans to. I also can't imagine how much she spent on me so don't know how much I should go out and spend. I could have just told her I haven't bought her anything but politeness won out and I just replied that yeah we should. So now I've got to put her off as long as I can while I figure out what in the hell to get her. I thought I was all done with my Christmas shopping. What a pain in the bum!

One final note - it's my birthday in exactly 2 weeks. 31st of January people! Remember that date. I'll be 25 and I expect lots of happy birthday text messages!! I'm very excited (while also a little terrified about being old) I love my birthday, it is by far my favourite day of the year. So excited!!
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

1 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Yep, I totally do that.

Try working in a projection room and NOT doing it... I actually occasionally find myself having the conversations out loud in the projection room - that's new and kinda scary.

I always thought I was weird cos I did it, but either we are just both weird or it's completely normal.

The really strange thing is I find wearing my iPod interferes with the daydream/fantasy thing and so sometimes I go without the iPod and do the fantasy thing instead.

So no, you're not wierd

(and I appreciate the non-cricket post too :P)

 

Post a Comment