The World Of Jadeey: I'm so white and nerdy



I'm so white and nerdy

I really am. Let's see, I play video games, I spend far too much time online and I obsessively watch movies. Oh. And I have a blog. 'nuff said.

Although - in general I hate science fiction and don't know a huge amount about computers so that may exempt me somewhat.

I'm currently watching Forrest Gump for about the millionth time. I love it, Tom Hanks is so brilliant in it and the soundtrack is awesome. I'm sure anyone that knows SpaceMonkey knows that it was her pick. For those of you who don't know her - she plans to marry Tom Hanks some day which will be neat really cos it means she will be my mother-in-law since I'm marrying Colin Hanks. Of course, she's 3 years younger than me so calling her mum will be funny.

I don't really know why I'm writing in here. I have nothing to say but I feel like writing. For her birthday I bought SpaceMonkey Tom Hanks on Saturday Night Live. It's HILARIOUS!

There is a really funny skit where they are at a nude beach. Jon Lovitz plays a new guy who apparently has a small penis. All they do the entire time is talk about their penises. Then they sing a song about penises.

It goes a little something like this. "I once had a penis sing to me and when it sung to me it was a penis song. Penis penis penis penis penis. Penis penis all day long" It's kinda dumb when it's just written. I tried to find it on youtube but couldn't so too bad for you.

Someone pointed out to me the other day that, because I watch so many films, I should use this blog to make dvd recommendations. The trouble is - I'm so bloody crap at remembering the names of films that I won't be able to.

However, here are two films I would suggest to anyone and everyone:

1/ Rushmore If I was forced at gunpoint to pick my favourite film this is what I would say. The ending gives me goosebumps everytime I see it. It is, in fact, one of the most perfect moment of cinema ever I reckon.

and

2/ Dancer in the Dark This is a must for any Bjork fan as well as any film fan. (and can I just show off for a moment that I saw Bjork in concert when I was 14. How cool am I!)

I'll do my best to come up with some others over the next little while.

Labels: , , ,

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Blogger Sam said...

these are both terrific films. i loved dancer, and the song that she sings prior to falling through the trapdoor is just one of the most beautiful pieces of music i've ever heard in my life.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Oh, don't even get me started on that scene in dancer. It makes me fall in love with the film all over again.

 

Post a Comment