The World Of Jadeey: It's time to give thanks



It's time to give thanks

I'm off to work (at a job I thought I would have been able to give up by now in favour of a real job) so thought I better blog now. I'm rostered to finish at 7.30pm, but am going to beg and plead to take someone's late shift, which could result in me being home after midnight.

It is Thanksgiving in America right now. I've always been sad that we don't have Thanksgiving. One, because public holidays are great and two, because I think taking the opportunity to give thanks for everything you have is a good idea.

So, even though as a New Zealander, I don't celebrate Thanksgiving I am going to give thanks here on my blog.

Things Holly is thankful for this year

1. My family
2. My friends
3. My flatmates (who are also my friends)
4. That I live in a country as wonderful as New Zealand
5. That, even though I don't like our new government, I live in a country where democracy actually works.
6. That, even though it doesn't effect me personally since I'm pretty darn conventional, I live in a country that recognises non-conventional relationships as legal
7. That I live in a country where the government will help me out financially when I need it
8. That my student loan is interest free as long as I stay living in New Zealand
9. That I've never had to suffer the terrible things that so many people in this world live with every day
10. That he is in my life, even though he doesn't feel the same way about me as I do about him

Labels:

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment