The World Of Jadeey: Helvetica!



Helvetica!

Tonight I watched the documentary Helvetica. It was really good. And yes, before you ask, it is a documentary about a typeface - but Helvetica is the best font so it's perfectly understandable that there is a documentary about it. I'd been meaning to see the documentary for ages. It was at the film festival earlier this year but I missed it because I was busy the only night it was on. It was worth the wait.

What is so great about Helvetica? It's the typeface used for EVERYTHING. Street signs, packaging signs, t-shirt printing, shop signs. And my personal favourite - The Office logo.

Enough about fonts, you say? Fine.

Is everyone excited about the new Gmail themes? I am. I've been using one of the ocean ones for the past few days. But Kat just pointed out that if you use the 'tree' theme then it changes with the weather. How cool is that! I'd been wondering why it made me specify the city and country I lived in, now it all makes sense.

Yeah, I'm a geek. I'm excited by documentaries about fonts and gmail themes. I think I really need to get a job soon. :P

Labels: ,

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment