The World Of Jadeey: Alanis



Alanis

So, I was thinking about the song Ironic while I was in the shower today. I've always thought that Alanis knew what she was doing and purposely made the irony of the song the fact that it is called Ironic yet doesn't have any actual irony in the lyrics. I choose not to believe that she, and everyone who listened to the song before it was released, didn't know what irony actually was.

When you think about it that way, the song actually is very clever. And maybe a little too ironic. Yes I really do think. (see what I did there? Clever!)

Anyway, I decided a fun game would be to make fix the situations described in the song to actually make them ironic. Not sure if I'll finish it today, it'll depend how easy it is to come up with stuff. And please feel free to add your own suggestions in the comments section.

An old man turned ninety-eight
He won the lottery and died the next day


Well, it'd be ironic if the lottery he won was actually a heart-lottery or some other organ that he needed. And he died the day after getting the 'life-saving' operation. (yeah, that's weak. It's a hard one! Any better suggestions would be welcome since mine is not really very ironic, or very realistic. I don't think they have 'heart lotteries')

It's a black fly in your Chardonnay


If it's the party of a fly-spray company.

It's a death row pardon two minutes too late

Ummm if the person on death-row was the person who usually pardoned death-row inmates. (the Governor?)

(sheesh this is hard.)

It's like rain on your wedding day


If the person you are marrying is a meteorologist and chose the date.

It's a free ride when you've already paid


I'm not sure. I'll come back to this one.

It's the good advice that you just didn't take

If you've taken that person's advice every other time and it's always gone horribly wrong so this time you didn't... Na, that's no good, I'll have to think on this one too.

Mr. Play It Safe was afraid to fly
He packed his suitcase and kissed his kids good-bye
He waited his whole damn life to take that flight
And as the plane crashed down he thought
Well isn't this nice


If he changes his mind and drives instead. And then the plane he was going to be in crashes into his car as he's driving...

A traffic jam when you're already late

If you're a town planner or something and have just claimed to have solved traffic-problems in your area and are on your way to receive a medal for solving the traffic problems


A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break


Ummm. If you work for a cigarette company? (not really, but I can't think of anything better)

It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife

Hmm I'll come back to this one too

It's meeting the man of my dreams
And then meeting his beautiful wife


Um if you meet him through a dating agency that she runs. And she is the one who organises the date?

Okay, that's it. I did that all really badly. Please, comment and fix up my appalling attempts. I beg you.

I really need a job.

Labels: ,

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment