The World Of Jadeey: Kia Kaha, New Zealand



Kia Kaha, New Zealand

Well, Holly is not happy because Labour lost the election last night. Not only that, but Helen Clark and Michael Cullen both stepped down. I'd been expecting Helen Clark to step down before the next election, but I didn't expect it to be so quickly. My dad pointed out that it's actually very good leadership - giving the new leader the maximum possible time to be in the role before the next election.

I read a comment on Stuff.co.nz today that I made me laugh. And then made me worried because it's so damn accurate so not really all that funny afterall. The comment was on this article.

The comment says:

Employer: "Hey I think we'll take you on, but only if you agree to the minimum wage for three months and work whenever I want you to without notice for 14hrs a day without breaks. And if you don't agree to keep doing that after the 90 days are up then I might have to find a reason to sack you, Ok? Oh no wait, I don't have to find a reason to sack you any more, I can just do it for no reason at all, wow all too easy!"

Trial employee: "But I have rent to pay and I have to save for private health care and for my private retirement fund, and my family likes to eat a meal at least once a day, and I like to see my children occasionally. I'm a human being and over millions of years my body was designed to function during daylight after having several hours sleep each day. That's a real crap offer, Sir."

Employer: "Oh well, bugger off then, I'll employee someone else since there are so many unemployed to choose from".

Trial Employee "That's OK, I hope I haven't offended you with my presence. I am very grateful for my high broadband speeds. Since I have no home I can park my cardboard box house right next to the local telecom exchange and plug straight in. It makes it all worth it."


I'll be interested to see how many people regret their National vote in 6-12 months time. My guess is it will be a lot.

I'm very ashamed of, and scared for, my country right now.

Labels: , , ,

share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment