The World Of Jadeey: Britney Spears



Britney Spears

I've remembered a topic I've been meaning to write about for a long time. Britney Spears...

Last year Kat wrote about how she'd had enough of the media crapping all over Britney. (At least, I think she wrote about it. It may have just been something we talked about in our flat. If I was a less lazy person I'd go check her blog.) Anyway, I was fully on-board with what Kat was saying because I've felt that way for a long time. I'll admit that I very much enjoy reading about what is going on in the lives of celebrities. What I have always hated is reading about their bad moments.

I don't understand how anyone can get pleasure out of reading that Britney's lost custody of her kids; that Prince William is having relationship problems; that Michelle Williams isn't coping with Heath Ledger's death; that Lindsey Lohan is drunk; that Nicole Richie is anorexic; and so on it goes. I think those that do get pleasure out of reading stories like that are the ones who have forgotten that celebrities are people too, they hurt just like regular people do. And they make mistakes just like regular people do, they are just in the unfortunate position of making those mistakes on a very public stage.

People always go on about the fact that celebrities have chosen that lifestyle. That they know going in what the industry is like and they need to just accept it. I don't get that though. Why should they accept it? It's one of the terrible things about the industry. Celebrities, for the most part, are celebrities purely because their chosen vocation happens to be one that makes them famous and makes people love to love them and love to hate them all in the same moment. Teaching (and its not alone in this) is a vocation that comes with ridiculously low pay. People who want to be teachers tend to know that going in. Does that mean they should accept low pay? Or should they strike when their union does and try to actually get paid what they are worth? Personally I think they should fight to make their job a better one, and increasing their pay is what would do that. Why shouldn't actors and singers be able to do the same, to try and fight to get rid of the bad aspects of their job?

Britney Spears is one of the unluckiest celebrities out there. She was thrust into the limelight at a very young age. Bloody hell, she was seventeen, what do people expect? Of course she's made some mistakes! Yes, she probably can't take care of her children right now, but instead of laughing at her for that fact someone should actually get out there and teach her how to take care of them! Not every woman is a perfect mother straight off the bat. Learning to be a mother takes work and I'm guessing no-one ever explained that to Britney. Instead the world just watched on, laughed and critisised as she failed. It's awful when you really think about it.

Why am I writing about this? Because Britney Spears' song Piece of Me is on my playlist and everytime I hear it I feel bad for her. That song is the absolute proof (not that we really needed it) that Britney is aware of how she is viewed by the public. It is the proof that she is a person too and is hurt by all the things the media says about her.

Can't we just leave her in peace so she can put her life back together? Is the human race really that awful that we enjoy watching the destruction of a person? Sadly I think the answer is, yes we are. There will always be people out there who will buy those magazines; people who get pleasure out of others' suffering.

That really sucks.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment