The World Of Jadeey: Cricket



Cricket

I'm watching the cricket. We're not doing well... It sucks. It looked like we were going to win, or at least draw. Now it looks like we're going to lose. I'm not happy.

Anyway, I don't want to talk about us losing. That just depresses me. Instead I'm going to talk about something that is probably boring to everyone who reads my blog. Oh well, it's interestesting to me.

Commentators. A lot of people don't like the New Zealand commentators, say that they're boring and biased. I disagree. They are most definitely on the side of the Black Caps, of course they are being that they're all ex-players. However, they are also very good at being honest about the standard of cricket being played. If the Kiwi's are playing badly the commentators will talk about it; if the opposition are playing beautifully the commentators will talk about and praise it. You can tell that they want the Kiwi's to win, but you can also tell that the love of the game is the driving force for them.

The best thing about the New Zealand commentary team for me though, is that they are so knowledgable and well-rounded when it comes to talking about the game. Obviously this is something you'd expect being all ex-players, but in the past the commentary team have been guilty of not sharing their knowledge. Or, at least, not sharing it in a helpful, easy to understand way. This current commentary team is great though. We have Ian Smith, the best wicketkeeper New Zealand's ever had, arguably one of the best the world's ever had. (Not the best, one of the best.) Then there's Martin Crowe, the best batsman New Zealand's ever had. Simon Doull, a great fast bowler and Mark Richardson, an extremely reliable opening bat, round out the team. I'm thinking that Stephen Fleming will become a regular part of the commentary team once he is fully retired from cricket. I hope he will be anyway since he has amazing insight into the captaincy going on out in the middle. The only thing really missing is a spin bowler.

The well-rounded in knowledge commentary team means that no matter what happens in the game, there is someone on the commentary team who can give you a real expert opinion about it. I've learnt an awful lot from these commentators. It makes sitting and watching cricket all day very worthwhile. (Heh I'm always looking for excuses)
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment