The World Of Jadeey: Cricket



Cricket

Sorry Kat, I know you hate posts about cricket but I can't resist. (Seriously, you may as well not bother reading - this post will solely be about cricket)

I'm watching the Twenty20 match against England right now (on tv, obviously). It's the first game I've actually sat down and watched since Stephen Fleming was dropped after the world cup.

I'm watching partly because I'm home (and can't actually resist cricket even though I want to) and partly because it's Jesse Ryder's début. God I've missed cricket while I've been actively staying away from it!

Jesse Ryder has done well so far. He bowled 1 over, only went for 2 runs and got a wicket. This is in Twenty20 remember! He's opening the batting right now, it's only just begun so I don't have a lot to say on his batting so far. He's obviously very nervous but he's got McCullum with him at the other end so that's got to make him feel a bit better, he's got time to settle cos McCullum will do the work.

WOAH!! Beautiful shot from Ryder right there! A beautiful shot through the covers for 4. I take back everything I said about him being nervous! How odd, McCullum is connected to a microphone and they just asked him what he thought of the shot from his end. Surely having a microphone connected to him would stuff up his concentration? I had heard about this feature of Twenty20 but haven't watched enough of it to actually see it in action before. I don't like it.

Heh the current bowler's name is Sidebottom. That makes me laugh. See! See! McCullum got out on a totally soft shot, he basically just lobbed it into the air. I bet it was the microphone distracting him!

Ross Taylor's in now. I adore this guy. Not like I adore Stephen Fleming, I adore him as a cricketer. Watching Taylor and Ryder bat together has been a dream of mine for a long time. They actually grew up together in the Wairarapa and played childhood cricket together as well so they run together very well.

FUCK!! Taylor's out LBW. I think I better stop commentating this game on my blog. Jamie How's in now.... I'm nervous about this Sidebottom guy, he's a bloody good bowler! Left arm and pretty quick. I wish I hadn't laughed at his name! Just about an LBW to How then, drifting slightly down leg though and the umpire made a good decision giving it not out.

James Anderson's in bowling now. I really like him as a bowler, except when he's playing against New Zealand of course! Unfortunately for England he's not as consistent as they wish he would be. But hell, when he gets it right he's one of the best out there.

Okay, I'm really going to stop now. :)
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment