The World Of Jadeey: Me,myself, I've got nothing to prove



Me,myself, I've got nothing to prove

I just spent the last hour looking through documents on my laptop for something I could copy and paste into here without having to type a blog. I don't consider that cheating because it wouldn't be something that had already been posted here so it would be new and different for my minuscule number of readers.

Deciding whether or not it would have been cheating is all academic anyway since I couldn't find anything. I found plenty of things I had written but none that would be appropriate to now. I found documented proof of many failed relationships but that is hardly something I want to air on the internet. Then I found plenty of university essays. It was very tempting to just copy and paste one of those. But, again, I decided against it. They are too obviously essays for me to get away with trying to fool anyone into thinking they are my usual ramblings. One thing I did discover is that my writing has improved massively. (At least I think it has) It's not surprising to find that my writing has improved since the diary entries I found from 7th form but it is a little surprising to me how much it seems to have improved since my university days. I guess practice really does work!

So, since I cannot copy and paste something old I guess I had better come up with a topic. Luckily I have one I prepared earlier! (A topic that is, not the actual writing.)

To walk to work I have to walk down a 'highway'. It's not an actual highway like American highways. I think the word highway in the context of this road means there is no median strip (I think that's the right word) so I am walking directly next to cars and there are plenty of cars because it is a main road. Anyway, with little else to do on my walk except think odd thoughts and listen to my music I often muse over why people choose the colour of car that they do. For me I didn't get much of a choice, I went to auction and selected 4 cars that I liked the look of. My car was the one that I won. It just so happens that I think black is the awesomeist of awesome colours for a car. I guess a lot of people who buy second hand cars are in a similar situation, it is the car they buy rather than the colour.

But what about people who buy brand new? They get to choose the colour. Why on earth would someone who gets to choose the colour of their car choose vomit green, sickly looking yellow or baby-poo (or maybe rust) orangey brown? Ewww or that disgusting lilac colour I've begun to see around. I mean honestly! Why?!?

The only conclusion I can come to is that they know a colour like that will attract attention and part of the purpose of buying a brand-new car is the status and attention you get from it. I think getting a disgusting looking colour is attracting the wrong kind of attention though. You'd be better off getting an awesome car in an awesome colour, one that attracts attention because everyone is jealous. I am never jealous of baby-poo coloured cars!

I also have the occasional moment of wondering about the type of car people buy. For the most part any choice is okay with me and I can understand any generic model of car. Then suddenly along comes on of those crazy bubble cars or the cars that look like the belong to Postman Pat or Noddy. I do not understand purchasing yourself a car that looks like that. Maybe it's the whole being looked at thing again. Experts do say that for children any attention is good attention. Maybe that is true for some adults too and any attention on their car is good attention. Who cares if people are only staring because your car is so damn hideous, as long as they actually are staring right?

Okay I have a topic prepared for tomorrow and it's a good 'un! See you all then, same time, same bat-channel.
share this: facebook
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

3 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger Kat said...

hehe! And I bet you forget it too! :P

I might sometimes have mine saved as draft in advance but at least I write them all specifically for my blog.

Does it not bother you that it took you longer to look for a blog then it did to actually write one by responding to something that is going on in the world or even just copy-pasting things that make you happy?

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Holly said...

No it doesn't bother me at all. I enjoyed re-reading all the old stuff I'd written. I didn't even know I had half of it on here. Very much not a waste of my time.

 
At 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yellow is the new color here.
there are alot of new yellow cars around.
and they are all big jeep like cars.
i have no idea honestly what type they are but they're yellow.

personally i prefer dark cars
i dont understand white cars.

 

Post a Comment